Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in someone else's thread in General, but figured I should not trash their thread.

I want to add lights to the top of my bull bar on my stubby bumper. Mounting holes are already there, I just don't know what I should do as far as size and type of light. Also looking for some tips on the wiring harness and switch/relay that I'll need. Pic for reference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have two sets of lights on my bumper. Because the of the hight of my bull bar I didn't want them there. Yours is low enough that it will work well.

In the center I have a set of 4.5 inch VisionX light cannons with a JCR fairlead mount and it works really well for what I need. I can't go any larger than a 6.5 inch light because they'll touch in the middle.

On the sides of the bumper, I have some small Rigid lights that act as my fog lights. They're really bright and help light up the trail at night.

I'm changing the VisionX lights because the hyper spot beam is way to focused and is only useful on a long straight road.

Attachments

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Steven,

Can those Baja design be flipped with the mounting tabs on top?
I believe you could flip them. Here's a shot of them with the mounts on them, I think you could unbolt the trim ring and rotate that. They are IP68 rated, so they are basically waterproof.

-Steven

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am strongly considering these. How would you rate your LPSs? Are yours the twin beams model? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No regrets. You can see and feel the quality of these lights. Low beams are bright but the high beams take it to another level of brightness. I haven’t tested them out on the trail yet...bought them for a trip later this year to Moab. Hopefully get some long dusty trails around there. But the only thing I have to really compare them to are my rigid lights on my pillars when I put the amber cover on them. No comparison...the covers barely look do anything. The LP6 just lights up everything in amber. I would say the only thing that I didn’t like was that on high beam it makes a buzzing noise. I need to get with Baja to see if that’s normal.

Not sure what you mean by twin beams. I have the driving combo with amber.

Also the back amber lighting just makes it worth it. I just tapped into my side markers so they go on whenever they’re on. I recommend the wiring...it makes it so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
No regrets. You can see and feel the quality of these lights. Low beams are bright but the high beams take it to another level of brightness. I haven’t tested them out on the trail yet...bought them for a trip later this year to Moab. Hopefully get some long dusty trails around there. But the only thing I have to really compare them to are my rigid lights on my pillars when I put the amber cover on them. No comparison...the covers barely look do anything. The LP6 just lights up everything in amber. I would say the only thing that I didn’t like was that on high beam it makes a buzzing noise. I need to get with Baja to see if that’s normal.

Not sure what you mean by twin beams. I have the driving combo with amber.

Also the back amber lighting just makes it worth it. I just tapped into my side markers so they go on whenever they’re on. I recommend the wiring...it makes it so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your insight. Correct you are, driving combo. I was hoping that Baja sold an optional wiring harness. Good to know. Please post up when you hear back about the buzzing, might be normal? I’d like to utilize them during the tropical monsoon-like downpours that frequently occur in South Florida during the summer months. Visibility is at a premium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts