Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Firecracker JKU Sport S -mostly stock at this point
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flexie- n. A picture of a vehicle with one of its wheels on a big rock.

OK, there may already be a word for this, but when I started lookin at 4WD stuff online, I thought of these pics as kind of like 'selfies' and started calling them 'flexies.' I took my #firstflexie at Hidden Falls Adventure Park (HFAP) yesterday, and it dawned on me that it's probably pretty common for it to be one of the first off-road things us n00bs take a picture of.

"Clifford" did great at HFAP with stock suspension + ~120 lbs. of front bumper gear. It seems to have suffered no ill effects from having the sway bar disconnected/reattached. The only even mildly scary part of the whole 'adventure' was when a guy airing up next to me at the public air station had a chuck detach from the end of the hose and the hose spazzed out in the dirt like an epileptic garden snake that spits small rocks in random directions at ballistic velocities until someone shuts off its air supply while you cower behind a Jeep hoping not to lose an eye.

(H/T: Kevin, Mike, Austen, @jeremy-tx, Veronica, Jason, ~10+ random strangers I bugged with real-time n00b questions)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm this is a fun idea.

Here’s January with sway bar disconnects but no lift and 31.5 tires.

And here’s yesterday. Now with a 2.5” lift and with 33” Toyo Open Country’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm. That rock looks very familiar. :)

·
Registered
2013 JKU sport
193 Posts
Here’s mine, from the rear in Tahuya. Bone stock and not even a matching spare yet (hence the borrowed cover) because the shop didnt have the wheel in yet.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
A

Little stretch and flex to check clearance

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Not long after I installed the lift, still with stock fenders and 35's

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: jeremy-tx

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,038 Posts
edit - nevermind

·
Super Moderator
16,462 Posts
I don't have a "first", but I have a few along the way. This is more recent after a shock change...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seeing as how I don't want my "first flexie" to be my last, are there any post flexie thingsI might have missed? I reattached the sway bar link bolts to a specific torque of "that feels about right" as registered by the biological torque meter in my arm, but I have a mechanical torque wrench around here somewhere. If yall think I should dig it out, what torque should I twist it down to? Also, after re-inflating I determined that there is no such thing as an accurate tire gauge. I got a total of five different readings from four gauges on the same tire---and the electronic gauge seems to be reporting three or four values for that same tire. What the hell?

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
361 Posts
Seeing as how I don't want my "first flexie" to be my last, are there any post flexie thingsI might have missed? I reattached the sway bar link bolts to a specific torque of "that feels about right" as registered by the biological torque meter in my arm, but I have a mechanical torque wrench around here somewhere. If yall think I should dig it out, what torque should I twist it down to? Also, after re-inflating I determined that there is no such thing as an accurate tire gauge. I got a total of five different readings from four gauges on the same tire---and the electronic gauge seems to be reporting three or four values for that same tire. What the hell?
You should pick up a set of the TeraFlex swaybar disconnect. They’re much easier to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TeraFlex swaybar disconnect.
Yup! My Toyota head friend suggested this so I'm in the market. Looking at the Amazon reviews a lot of folks saying these TeraFlex ones require you to grind the frame on '12-'17 JKs, which is kind of a head-scratcher. Brilliant piece of kit though, and these have a cool mounting point feature that might save on zip-ties. MAN! I bet when future archeologists dig down to our era at HF, they find a half-foot layer of zip-ties. :)

Reactions: jeremy-tx
1 - 20 of 66 Posts