Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the cleaner look of the license plate in the center of the spare, instead of hanging off the side. Must be my love of symmetry. :D

Anyway, show me your relocation set ups, especially ones that incorporate a third brake light and backup camera!

·
Registered
699 Posts

I went with the metalcloak solution. Camera is not a part of it right now, but I may add it to the bottom portion of the bracket. Right now it’s on my tire carrier swing arm. It is a very slick setup. Definitely gets folks attention at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I went with the metalcloak solution. Camera is not a part of it right now, but I may add it to the bottom portion of the bracket. Right now it’s on my tire carrier swing arm. It is a very slick setup. Definitely gets folks attention at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you running a separate ring third brake light?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've thought about deleting it myself. I'm more than capable of changing a flat, but the sheer weight of the spare is almost too much. Either way, AAA would be a phone call away.
Understood, much of it depends on what you mainly use your Jeep for. If its close to home, urban centers AAA isn't far away but if your somewhere out in the sticks or worse yet off road, it may be a bit more problematic.

Personally I think they look better with tires on the back but that's the cool things about Jeeps, the owners can customize them to their individual tastes.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Question:

Which kits have BOTH third brake light AND license plate light? So many just have third brake light but not the license plate light. I would like both in a kit.

·
Super Moderator
15,888 Posts
Question:

Which kits have BOTH third brake light AND license plate light? So many just have third brake light but not the license plate light. I would like both in a kit.
The ACE one I linked to above has both.

·
Super Moderator
15,888 Posts
I checked around and saw some bad reviews, mostly due to the quality of the wiring. What is your opinion?
Really? The wiring is pretty beefy IMO. I wonder what they didn't like about it??..??..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts