Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some creative ideas for mounting of rocker switches on a standard YJ interior. Looking for folks that have at least three or four.

Let's see what you've got! :punk:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've got atleast 3 or 4 lol or 9. Good thing about his location is there's plenty of room for wiring behind. Also you will notice that all the switchs are sharing voltage but that's just because they are relay switches

Auto part Vehicle Suspension Car Engine

Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's similar to how I'm running these as far as wiring and those are the perfect size, only problem I'm running into is my switches look like these which are larger. I hate to do it, but I may end up taking it up to our shop and having one of our electrical gurus tackle it. Sad I can build a custom three link and stretch my rig to a 106" wheelbase, but I hate hate hate electronics. Wiring and electronics and such are not my strong point.

Very nice setup you have there though!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i dont have any pics but i have 2 toggles in the dead plate to the left of the Heat controls... its pretty sloppy (previous owner) but he gave me a piece of aluminum he planned on using. im gonna get that set up in a few weeks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
CB mounted on a raised stand on the floor or behind the switch panel?

Beach, I ran switches over there from 12 Volt Guy when I had an in cab winch control. He makes nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah now you know where I get the anal gene from. But we have been doing 12v communications/electronics since 1959, so he has had allot of time to get that way. I may have another empty box if you want one.
I think I've figured out how I'm going to mount these if I can find something I need. Stay tuned for something I think will be pretty sweet. Thank you for the offer though.

Here are spod switches mounted over windshield also check out hdh flat panel switches they are very cool.
Love that look, but how did you hide the wires coming in? Only reason this won't work for me is because I occasionally lower my windshield when I know I'm hitting a trail that will take it out.

The SPOD and HDH are a killer setup, but too pricey for my budget even with my discount on them. Saving up for the Atlas or doubler.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Here's my panel. It's a bit extreme, took way longer to make than I wanted to lol. I used aircraft belly panel fasteners to drop the switch panel from the primary plate, they're kinda like quick-turn screws. I can switch quickly between different types of switches, but I like the covered toggle-switch look, it matches the whole aircraft scheme lol. (And it stops my passengers from playing with them lol)

Auto part Automotive lighting Technology Automotive exterior Electronics

Vehicle Car Steering wheel Family car Center console

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's my panel. It's a bit extreme, took way longer to make than I wanted to lol. I used aircraft belly panel fasteners to drop the switch panel from the primary plate, they're kinda like quick-turn screws. I can switch quickly between different types of switches, but I like the covered toggle-switch look, it matches the whole aircraft scheme lol. (And it stops my passengers from playing with them lol)

View attachment 169797

View attachment 169798
You need to throw some pics out there of your rig. Went back through some of your old posts and saw you're running some nice stuff on it like Metal Cloak. Would love to see the whole thing outside of the tiny pic in your avatar. :punk:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I've figured out how I'm going to mount these if I can find something I need. Stay tuned for something I think will be pretty sweet. Thank you for the offer though.

Love that look, but how did you hide the wires coming in? Only reason this won't work for me is because I occasionally lower my windshield when I know I'm hitting a trail that will take it out.

The SPOD and HDH are a killer setup, but too pricey for my budget even with my discount on them. Saving up for the Atlas or doubler.
Harness runs down inside a pillar,,you could leave enough slack to lower windshield but wouldnt be able to operate switches without crawling out onto hood..slight inconvenience.Thats why you take your wife.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here's my panel. It's a bit extreme, took way longer to make than I wanted to lol. I used aircraft belly panel fasteners to drop the switch panel from the primary plate, they're kinda like quick-turn screws. I can switch quickly between different types of switches, but I like the covered toggle-switch look, it matches the whole aircraft scheme lol. (And it stops my passengers from playing wi
View attachment 169797

View attachment 169798
This is ghostrider requesting a flyby..nice job looks very cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts