Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I've been looking at sliders from shrockworks, PSC, warn, and some other manufactures. I was wondering if there are pro's or con's to these, I'm looking at the rock sliders with the tube pivot guard. I know people here have these, how do they hold up when hittin the rocks? is there any site or place I should look when buying that will give me a good price? thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
PSC has some great products and I have some of it on my YJ, but I suggest you stay away as they are swamped and it could take months to get your parts. HTH

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am very pleased with my PSC rocker knockers, but I have also read on several forums about there shipping issues. fwiw

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,855 Posts
I'm like Hackle, I really like the PSC stuff and had lots of it on my jeep. I don't like how they are behind on parts delivery. I am a very big fan of shrockworks. My buddy has a set of them and I like how they bolt up to the tub. They are very beefy and he said he had no problems getting them in a few days.

I like the BTF rockers, as I have them now, but wouldn't want to buy a set unless they were in stock and ready to ship. They aren't having much luck on the shipping department either.

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
I have the shrockworks and they have done a great job for me. The outer tube works great as a pivot and they wrap rather far under the body. Below is a side pic.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm like Hackle, I really like the PSC stuff and had lots of it on my jeep. I don't like how they are behind on parts delivery. I am a very big fan of shrockworks. My buddy has a set of them and I like how they bolt up to the tub. They are very beefy and he said he had no problems getting them in a few days.

I like the BTF rockers, as I have them now, but wouldn't want to buy a set unless they were in stock and ready to ship. They aren't having much luck on the shipping department either.
I have an order at BTF right now and if they do not ship it on Tuesday as promised I will cancel it and order elsewhere. Both BTF and PSC are hitting the same problem as they are a victum of their own sucess. They built great products then could not keep up. It sucks in this business as all of us want our stuff quickly:(. I hope they both get back on track soon.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
AtoZ Manufacturing is the current favorite du jour amoung a lot of rock crawlers I know. Zach owns AtoZ and he has earned a solid reputation for quality and strength, and he didn't let me down when I had him make my new custom stubby bumper for me.

Rocker guards with external rails welded onto their surface are really nice. The rail serves to keep the rocks/obstacles at bay, gives a nice point around which to pivot around anything in your way, and gives a nice platform to stand on for whatever. And if you have extreme strength needs, Zach has an optional internal rocker guard brace that I should have had behind my 4XDoctor rocker guards last weekend. :eek:

http://www.atozfabrication.com/

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
If you are looking for Shrockworks stuff check out www.absoluteoffroadphx.com. Joe is a board sponsor here and will give you a great deal.

I also have the crapper bar on my sliders and use it quite often to pivot on rocks. Keeps the sharp stuff out of the body. :D

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,855 Posts
I have an order at BTF right now and if they do not ship it on Tuesday as promised I will cancel it and order elsewhere. Both BTF and PSC are hitting the same problem as they are a victum of their own sucess. They built great products then could not keep up. It sucks in this business as all of us want our stuff quickly:(. I hope they both get back on track soon.
I agree. I waited 4.5 months for my front 60 truss. I waited 6 months for my 14 bolt diff cover. In the beginning I didn't mind waiting. After my jeep sat for a couple months it was really hard to stay focused when I couldn't get parts. I'm glad I stuck with it though cause changing plans one place meant I had to change the build elsewhere. I heard BTF is moving locations again to help suit their demand. The lull time really sucks for those building now but the outcome of patience was worth it for me. :)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how do the rockers mount to the body other than the flush mounts that get screwed into the tub? and what do ya'll think about warrior and olympic? should I just anti-up/save-up and go with the shrockworks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts