Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What opinions are out there?? From what I've read really great quality but have to wait and well wait...I don't mind the wait just want to know how good the quality actually is...

I actually like that that it's a smaller shop and they don't bulk produce and I don't see a whole lot out there. Thinking about going all around with them front/rear bumper and sliders any feed back on all or one of the above would be awesome

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I bought a front bumper/skid pre owned off CL. Very good quality, fits perfect and very solid. The added bonus is it was in very good condition, half the price of a new one and somebody else had to wait for it to be built.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had them front and rear on my 2009 Rubicon. I waited a little over 3 months for the front mid-width (then I had to wait another week for them to send me the correct mounting hardware) and close to 6 months for the rear with tire carrier and racks.

When I ordered them I asked that they not put the fog light tabs on the front bumper or the back-up light cutouts on the rear but was told I could not get them that way which makes me question how much Shrokworks does in the actual manufacture of their products. I also had a delay due to the powder coat getting screwed it up by the sublet paint shop the first time around. Their quality and design are good but in my opinion not worth the wait and not being able to get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
501 Posts
What opinions are out there?? From what I've read really great quality but have to wait and well wait...I don't mind the wait just want to know how good the quality actually is...
I was about to order a front bumper from them when I called them with a couple of questions. The 4 months wait turned me off so I went with a LoD front bumper instead. I've read a lot of good things about them but, for me, they weren't "wait four months" good. Your opinion might not be the same.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What was odd about it? I am already running the terraflex HD tire carrier so would only be buying the bumper
The bumper is bigger then stock so the spare was kind of squished up against the top of the bumper.

It looked like the spare was aired down.

This was an oversized spare (35?) on the stock carrier.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I love the look of their stuff, but as others have said the wait killed the deal. Also, many have posted how they have been told a certain amount of time to build and then taking much longer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I had their sliders on my last truck. Very strong. Looks great. Well priced.

Yes you do have to wait but hey I see people here ordering their Jeeps and wiating months for that so waiting for a quality slider shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I have their sliders now. Very high quality workmanship and powdercoat. Could not wait for their front bumper so got a LOD, but seriously considering the Shrockworks rear bumper. Worth the wait for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes you do have to wait but hey I see people here ordering their Jeeps and wiating months for that so waiting for a quality slider shouldn't be a big deal.
If you order them when you order your Jeep, the wait isn't so bad. But other companies sell part with comparable quality at a fraction of the wait. It comes down to personal preference. I don't mind mixing my Or Fab rear bumper with the LoD front bumper. It would be tough for someone to see both bumpers at the same time so I ordered each separately based on the parameters I was looking for. One of the parameters was availability. 3-4 for the LoD isn't unbearable. 4 months for the Shrockworks was too much for my personal preference. But I do like their stuff. I can't talk bad about their quality.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts

I actually like that that it's a smaller shop and they don't bulk produce and I don't see a whole lot out there. Thinking about going all around with them front/rear bumper and sliders any feed back on all or one of the above would be awesome
Honestly, they do make excellent products, but there are so many quality products out for the JK, the wait for their stuff isn't worth it. When I was bumper shopping, I saw nothing that warrants that sort of wait time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts