Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone came up with a good way to quite the 3 piece freedom top! Cant hear the stereo at 70mph on the hiway! And ive got a BIG stereo!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Anyone came up with a good way to quite the 3 piece freedom top! Cant hear the stereo at 70mph on the hiway! And ive got a BIG stereo!
Is it that noisy? Wind, or rattle?

Just curious...my OE soft top (as well as my aftermarket ORH top) makes very little noise. I can talk on the phone at 75 mph, no problemo. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Might need to check your seals then because my hardtop was quiet. No wind noise at all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
my 2010 is quiet. Slight wind at 70 but nothing bad. Off and on.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
HookmCowboys said:
Was hoping someone found some GOOD seals to use!
You can try some weatherstripping from lowes or home depot. I use them and they stopped water leaks so it'd probably work on air too

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: The cure is-

Insulate the top, make sure the front doors shut INTO the top door seals and eliminate any possible windshield leaks at the upper gasket !

Mine is "whisper" quiet at 70 mph and cell phone use is normal/no leaks either/no sun heat-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
:whistling: The cure is-

Insulate the top, make sure the front doors shut INTO the top door seals and eliminate any possible windshield leaks at the upper gasket !

Mine is "whisper" quiet at 70 mph and cell phone use is normal/no leaks either/no sun heat-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
+1 :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Make sure all the doors are shut tight, and none are misaligned.

I normally have the factory stereo at 10 volume at 70mph and can hear everything great.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mine is loud too with lots of whistling but I have no leaks at all so far. I chalk it up to being a Jeep so being loud for me might not be relative to being loud to someone who is used to driving a Jeep.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mine is not even that loud with the Freedom Tops out. I would take it back to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts