Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone new to the forum. I have a 99 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 4x4. When I pull off in first gear really bad shutter. Cant seem to figure out why? Replaced a few parts so far and still no such luck. Any help would be amazing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also to note
- 4 inch lift Currie springs
- Currie adjustable control arms (uppers and lowers) (front and rear)
- new sye kit
- engine mount lift
- new low pro mount
- adjustable track bar (front and rear)
- black magic brakes (front and rear)
- Novak transfer case shifter
- 33 12.5 15 tires
- luk clutch and flywheel

(Shutter was happening before all these parts were installed)

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Have you replaced your transmission mount.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Clutch chatter maybe? How was the flywheel? "How are the engine mounts? Is the rear main seal leaking or has it started to leak?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey everyone new to the forum. I have a 99 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 4x4. When I pull off in first gear really bad shutter. Cant seem to figure out why? Replaced a few parts so far and still no such luck. Any help would be amazing
A worn out clutch shutters when taking off in first gear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just installed new flywheel, clutch and throw out bearing. Motor mounts are new 1 inch brown dog mount lift. Transmission mount is new lo pro mount. It has small leak but cleaned it up on clutch replace and made no difference

·
Registered
15,701 Posts
Sure sounds like clutch chatter

Not uncommon which is why on most vehicles people resurface flywheel when doing clutch as one time having to repull tranny is enough to never want a repeat

I know dome on TJ flywheel so Emory cloth only

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's why I'm so lost on this. Because it was doing it before and flywheel had little scorching but other than that looked fine. Then new one and still same problem so can't think of anything else. Unless it's some inside problem somehow

·
Registered
741 Posts
Crankshaft pilot bearing possibly?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guess I got to take it all back apart and replace it. Anyway to check it without removing trans??
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I am having the same exact problem as you, vibration in 4x4 high and 2wd but not low I have replaced a lot and checked a lot of parts. And still have the vibration

1 - 18 of 18 Posts