Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer just called to let us know that a new Rubicon had just landed on their lot so we could actually see the Anvil color in person. It had just been delivered from another dealership a couple hours away.The customer was on the way to pick it up so we hurried over. We liked it very much which was good since we had ordered a wrangler unlimited Sahara in Anvil this past Monday. While we were admiring it, my husband pointed out some scratches on the drivers side of the hood to our salesman. Then we noticed more scratches across the top of the hood. Once we really looked we realized it was a word........nigga. We were all sick and disgusted on many levels. Can you imagine how the new owners are going to feel when they see this mutilation of their brand new vehicle? It can be repaired and the dealership will do it but the new owners were probably so excited about taking it home tonight just as all of us are anxiously waiting our turn.

·
Registered
233 Posts
stupid ignorance....i'm about at the point where i want to drive my jeep to middle of no where and cut myself off from reality....with exception of wranglerforum.com

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
was it spelled the way you said or the "other" way ? either way that is horrible, especially if someone just ordered and paid for it. all i know is i would be pissed if that was mine....

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
stupid ignorance....i'm about at the point where i want to drive my jeep to middle of no where and cut myself off from reality....with exception of wranglerforum.com
To be honest, I think it comes down to the level of eduction a person has to write something as idiotic as that. If you don't like somebody, fine but keep it to yourself. I'm practically a hermit where I live.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would not take delivery as a paint job depreciates the vehicle if they ever go to trade it and I would not want to start day one with that. Bummer for the people waiting on it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I wonder if the dealership would even have noticed if the OP hadn't pointed it out. Regardless, I'm sure the dealership's or Chrysler's insurance will cover the repair...and I also echo the sentiment of not wanting to accept delivery of it. I'd tell them to ship me a new, undamaged, one.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
To be honest, I think it comes down to the level of eduction a person has to write something as idiotic as that. If you don't like somebody, fine but keep it to yourself. I'm practically a hermit where I live.
i agree with being a hermit... just too many scumbags in this world nowadays. about 2 or 3 years ago i went out with a girl i was dating to a location that had alot of shops and restaurants, after we had a bite to eat it was also later on in the evening, we decided to hit a bar up at another location. after going to the bar and hanging out for an hour or two we come out and low and behold my evolution had a Key mark from the driver side backdoor to almost the end of the quarterpanel.....

Needless to say i was pissed as hell and from there on out i never took that vehicle to either of those locations ever again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The word was spelled as I indicated and kind of deep too. When we left, the customer had not yet arrived. At least the dealership is aware of it before the customer pointed it out. Also, what if the customer or anyone else was not aware of the vanalism before it left the lot. It could have been hard to prove that it didn't happen before the customer took possession. Our dealership was in the process of notifying the other dealership which had just delivered it minutes before. It would probably be a good idea for both dealerships to have inspected upon departure and arrival. I think one of the lessons here is that good and decent people need to stick together and not let the bad guys get a foothold.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Now THAT is a mod that I don't care for.

I would refuse accepting the vehicle and not sign any paperwork until the dealer got a new AEV Heat Reduction Hood in Anvil delivered and installed. When they pull the "well thats a more expensive hood" I'd reply "I know. But this is a huge inconvenience. So, do it, or our contract is null and I'll order a 14' somewhere else"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now THAT is a mod that I don't care for.

I would refuse accepting the vehicle and not sign any paperwork until the dealer got a new AEV Heat Reduction Hood in Anvil delivered and installed. When they pull the "well thats a more expensive hood" I'd reply "I know. But this is a huge inconvenience. So, do it, or our contract is null and I'll order a 14' somewhere else"
I agree. I had the hood of a new vehicle painted under warranty several years ago because it was shipped with numerous scratches. In two years that hood looked terrible. It looked like broken egg shell and no recourse. I took a beating on trade in.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The choice of word notwithstanding... Some people live for no other purpose than malice intent. They'll likely never be more than a looser and are jealous that they'll never own a brand new jeep.. So they ruin the joy for others... Sickening and disgusting is correct!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Oh WOW! Maybe Dave Chappelle was buying it. Not everything is meant to be racist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm sure if the original customer refuses to take the vehicle the dealer will get a body shop paint repair on the hood and sell it to the next unexpecting customer as new. So sad.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I'm sure if the original customer refuses to take the vehicle the dealer will get a body shop paint repair on the hood and sell it to the next unexpecting customer as new. So sad.
Yup....
I wonder if it even shows up on a CarFax?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Recently we purchased an new car for my wife (not a Jeep). The color we wanted was hard to find and there were only 2 in the state equipped the way we wanted. My dealer located one 40 miles away and said he would dealer trade and have it for us the next day. I told him to go ahead and did all the paperwork. Next day when we went to pick up the vehicle, it had rained and it was not clean, yet they were trying to deliver it to us that way. I noticed a dent on the fender and asked them to clean the vehicle so we could see if there was any more damage. After they washed it it was obvious it had hail damage. My wife was in tears.

I could not believe that a dealership would trade a hail damaged vehicle and not disclose it to a customer or my dealership before delivery. Also that my dealership would not notice and try and deliver a new vehicle dirty. Someone got paid a insurance claim on this vehicle and obviously they were hoping the customer (me) would not notice. I do have to say that my dealer did fix the damage (paintless dent repair) and we did end up taking it, and my wife is very happy with her new car. The experience shows that dealerships will do anything for a sale. I just can't imagine how many other vehicles get fixed before delivery, and the customer never knows about it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Recently we purchased an new car for my wife (not a Jeep). The color we wanted was hard to find and there were only 2 in the state equipped the way we wanted. My dealer located one 40 miles away and said he would dealer trade and have it for us the next day. I told him to go ahead and did all the paperwork. Next day when we went to pick up the vehicle, it had rained and it was not clean, yet they were trying to deliver it to us that way. I noticed a dent on the fender and asked them to clean the vehicle so we could see if there was any more damage. After they washed it it was obvious it had hail damage. My wife was in tears.

I could not believe that a dealership would trade a hail damaged vehicle and not disclose it to a customer or my dealership before delivery. Also that my dealership would not notice and try and deliver a new vehicle dirty. Someone got paid a insurance claim on this vehicle and obviously they were hoping the customer (me) would not notice. I do have to say that my dealer did fix the damage (paintless dent repair) and we did end up taking it, and my wife is very happy with her new car. The experience shows that dealerships will do anything for a sale. I just can't imagine how many other vehicles get fixed before delivery, and the customer never knows about it.
Hope you got a better deal, even if the dealer filed a claim on it and received monies from their insurance it will show on a car fax report and have a depreciated value.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The choice of word notwithstanding... Some people live for no other purpose than malice intent. They'll likely never be more than a looser and are jealous that they'll never own a brand new jeep.. So they ruin the joy for others... Sickening and disgusting is correct!
People, especially those who would use that word to celebrate and perpetuate their culture of ignorance are trash; no matter their race or income level. Trash is known by many names and comes in many colors, but the common trash denominator is proud ignorance.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts