Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some side armor which also includes steps. We don't do rock crawling or even serious off-roading. We're more "drive across the ranch" types, along with the annual trip to Big Bend trails.
What I want is: 1) a smooth edge, not nerf type steps that jut out.
2) Snug fit to body. I hate seeing a lot of daylight between the bottom of pinch weld & top of rails.
3) I don't want to give up a lot of clearance, and I don't want them to stick way out beyond the fenders.

I like the look of Quadratec QRC, and the Smittybilt SRC Classic, but it's hard to tell if they fill all my requirements. The more pics I look at the more confused I get.

FYI, they will go on a 2016 JKU, red & black.
Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I can't help you as we're searching for side steps which could be used as rails. But what I can say is that within one of the threads here, the owner placed the bushing mounted rail on his jeep and after exploring the trail.. the rail actually damaged his undercarriage and rocker panel. This was probably due to the rail being mounted at the single location (body to chases bushings) so the rail would flow or move with the chases roll and could come in contact with the body as in his case.

So one would need to explore the full coverage multiple mounting locating rails as these would be more secure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts