Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm having a little problem. I bought there LED side markers from Pepboys they have only one wire coming off of them a positive wire. The negative is on the housing when you screw it in place.

Ok first off I did the turn signal side marker trick and that worked fine. From the turn signal with the three wires on it taking the farthest away from the black (white with brown line) hooking it to the black wire from the side marker., leaving the white with green stripe and the black wires to the side marker. So that worked.

So I took it a step farther and took my new LED light (BLAZER International CW1586A) with the black wire off of the side marker which I assume is positive hooking it to the wire coming off the LED, then taking the white with green stripe wire and wrapping it around the screw I used to mount the light with so I would assume that's ground wire.

Now the problem here is the front signal and side marker (LED) work fine with the lights off. When I turn the lights off the side marker (LED) will shut off and not work.

Does anyone know the problem that I'm having?

I'm going to run a dedicated ground to the frame to the LED just for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You may need to elaborate more for us to have any sense of how to fix your little problem. I know Enzyte fixed mine but that's for another forum....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may need to elaborate more for us to have any sense of how to fix your little problem. I know Enzyte fixed mine but that's for another forum....
Haha yes sorry man my thumb hit the send button... On my iphone... Should have elaborated now. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only done the driver side like this. I was just reading a thread and it said that both have to be wired like this or it won't work. I'm assuming both sides? But the thread was about bushwhacker fender flares. Don't know if it relates to my problem.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I've just switched the wires on the LED around and it works now with the headlights on. Only wont work with the head lights off, but oh we'll I can live with that. Here's a pic.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts