Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful wife ran into the garage door and broke the lens on the drivers side marker light. Anyone know how I go about replacing this? Do I have to take off the whole fender?

Thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
302 Posts
No it's a little clip in thing and the plug running to it. Piece of cake. Just order the replacement and when you see it you will understand.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bulb just twists and comes out, thats easy. I need to replace the entire cover. The side marker lens broke. How do i get this piece off, do I need to remove the fender?

·
Registered
302 Posts
No you don't need to remove the fender. Unscrew the bulb connector from the back and pull that out of the way. Take a look at the new housing and you will figure it out. It is a no brainier easy fix. It clips in from one corner but I don't recall if the other corner is held with a screw.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looking around it seems some had a much tougher time doing this then I did. You might have to cut or pop out a plastic rivet in that area to make room to get fingers in there to pull it out. Go to you tube and look for video for Recon jeep installation instructions and the guy shows what you need to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts