Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive if this is a stupid question-

my sideview mirrors suck. every time i go over a bump in the road they basically fall down and i get an awesome reflection of the street. :9lame:

is this something i can easily fix, or should i just get new mirrors?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The mirror attaches to that bracket arm with a ball and socket type joint. On the underside of the mirror, on either side of the rubber cover, you will see a phillips head screw. Tighten those down - it will compress the plate behind the ball and tighten the joint. Good idea to do the one next to the door first since you will need to cock the mirror out to get the right angle on the screw.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The screw on my drivers mirror actually cracked the mirror housing & wouldn't tighten. I had to come up with a fix until I could find a replacement.

I wrapped about 1/2 a roll of black plastic tape around the rubber boot, just under the mirror. This wasn't very good & loosened up when it got warm.

Then i had the idea to put a hose clamp around that. It works so well, that I stopped looking for a replacement!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to know that...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one, everytime I close my doors, my mirrors angle in and down, rather frustrating. I'll go look for that %*$( screw now...lol Good thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts