Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is away to male the stock side mirrors moves stiff, mite sound weird but Im getting extremely tired of stupid kids thinking its funny to mess with someones mirrors. Every time I put them back to where I need them the next day/morning they are moved. Ive just been saying swear it and I just turn my head but it would be nice to actually use them for once.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
There are screws on the bottom, on either side of the post that you can tighten. Older mirrors may lose some of the tightness and move when a 18 wheeler zooms past.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Buy new mirrors. I finally replaced my saggin' mirrors with cj style ones. Don't get the CJ ones either, though. They are too high.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill try just tightening them and if it keeps happening Ill replace them. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am having trouble with my mirrors also. Actually I have been having this problem for about 6 years. I drive a 97 Sport. Does anyone know if the mirrors from the '03-'06 fit early TJs?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I think they are the same mirror. They got to where they had a more streamlined (sissy) look, but they mount the same.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am having trouble with my mirrors also. Actually I have been having this problem for about 6 years. I drive a 97 Sport. Does anyone know if the mirrors from the '03-'06 fit early TJs?
Yup they do. I like those too and am probably going to put them on my 2000. They bolt up the same, they just have a nicer rounded look. Plus, my mirrors flake the paint off every two years. I even tried Krylon fusion and that flaked off eventually too. The newer mirrors have plastic mounts at the door and not the aluminum ones. So nothing will oxidize. They may fade, but at least paint will stick.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I think they are the same mirror. They got to where they had a more streamlined (sissy) look, but they mount the same.
lol :flipoff:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts