Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really, really appreciate if those of you that have added any kind of side step to your 4 door wranglers could post pictures along with the step info. i'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out what i want, and it's frustrating to not be able to see what the options will look like on my jeep! i thought i'd finally found what i wanted (rampage streamline), however when i went to a local 4x4 store that stocks them today to check them out; they were way too big/bulky for my taste. i don't want them to make my jeep look low...please help!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bought a set of the ace sliders/steps. They look great, they fit great, and the quality is very high, but the are useless as a step. They get in the way more than anything.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
ditto.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've got a set of Westin step rails on mine. They offer no real protection, but were cheap, look nice, and make for OK steps. That being said, the step pads on the drivers side pretty much disintegrated and had to be replaced within 2 years. YMMV, though.

Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Aries Big Step 4" tube, model 231007TB, finished in textured black paint. Amazon had them at a great price that included shipping. No one else was even close price wise. If your needs are similar to mine, take a look at the Aries line. The quality is fantastic and they went on without a hitch. They come in polished stainless steel as well, if that floats your boat.

Aries web site: Aries Automotive - JEEP PRODUCTS

Here are a few photos:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Westin 4" Oval Black, cheap and big step surface.

I'm not going to slide on the rock so I don't want to carry 2 50-lb each rock sliders. I prefer the oval shape which gives 4" surface to step on compared to 3" from most round nerf bar. It is right at the width of the stock fenders.

Just beware that the Westin came with bolts for pre-2010 mounting, you might need to find your own bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all so much! very helpful. would love to see more if any others out there want to share :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Westin 4" Oval Black, cheap and big step surface.

I'm not going to slide on the rock so I don't want to carry 2 50-lb each rock sliders. I prefer the oval shape which gives 4" surface to step on compared to 3" from most round nerf bar. It is right at the width of the stock fenders.

Just beware that the Westin came with bolts for pre-2010 mounting, you might need to find your own bolts.
what series? i can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the e, platinum and signature???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks! what series?

I've got a set of Westin step rails on mine. They offer no real protection, but were cheap, look nice, and make for OK steps. That being said, the step pads on the drivers side pretty much disintegrated and had to be replaced within 2 years. YMMV, though.

Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nm westin guys...it was the two 3" i remember not being to tell difference...still can't! thanks again!

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jeep on left, mopar steps. Matter of fact if you want them and the bumper you can get them. They were on there when I bought the jeep. Don't like the bumper and I plan on spraying the rails with Line-X if I keep them.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Jeep wrangler

·
Registered
8 Posts
The CHEAP plastic caps on my nerf bars disintegrated, so I tore them off & mig-welded on some thick sheet metal, then hammered it into submission to create some contour. Then I welded on an overhung step(I have a 5" suspension lift, plus a 3" body lift to clear my 37's). I'll post pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have only had my wrangler for a couple months. I bought the Westinghouse Ovals as well and find myself looking and wishing that I had rock rails instead. I bought them because I thought my wife would use them. We both just step right over them and they are not used.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts