Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scoping out some side step / guards for my 2014 JKU. Can you guys post some pictures of your setup and the brand? Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I needed something that was a step for the kids and would work as a rock slider, so I went with TnT customs. Love them so far, they've been on for a year.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went with Smitty SRC Side Armor. Wasn't easy to put on but I liked the look and that it functions as a step for the kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
That one looks pretty sweet, what was so hard to install about it?
The holes didn't exactly line up. Had to grind them out a little bit with a dremel. But they were also only $299, so I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those smitty sliders and looking like the ones I want so far. They are good looking and reasonably priced. If any of you have different brands please post pictures I appreciate it

·
Registered
502 Posts
He said the holes didn't exactly line up, anyone have a similar struggle?
I have had no issues since install day. They are solid.

I bought them knowing there could be some issues with install based on the forums. It was right when I bought my jeep so I didn't have much cash to throw at upgrades. I just bought a 12 pack and invited over a buddy and we knocked it out. It was my first real mod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Based off a recommendation from my buddy, I went with the Ace Engineering Rock Rails. I was able to install them myself, they look great, and they're really sturdy. There are other options that will give you more of a step if that's what you're looking for, but I went with Ace because it's a step-up that is also functional for off-roading. Also, they didn't require me to sacrifice much ground clearance.

rsz_rock_rails_-_after.jpg
2014 JKU - I can upload some more pics if you want

·
Registered
863 Posts
I hear allot of smitty stuff don't line up properly to install.

I wanted to go with poison spyder rails, but they are pricey :eek:

Still haven't made a choice :(

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Based off a recommendation from my buddy, I went with the Ace Engineering Rock Rails. I was able to install them myself, they look great, and they're really sturdy. There are other options that will give you more of a step if that's what you're looking for, but I went with Ace because it's a step-up that is also functional for off-roading. Also, they didn't require me to sacrifice much ground clearance.

View attachment 1073945
2014 JKU - I can upload some more pics if you want
another vote for the ACE...only ones I know of that work with Factory "Rubi Rails"...........

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts