Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why one pic is turned. I have a 3" lift with 34s. I recently had hip replacement surgery and now the step is a tad to high. Someone told me to look into adding some sort of dropdown step. I am new to to Jeep family and I am not sure what to even look for or where to look. I need guidance from my fellow JKers. Pictures would be helpful too. Thank you

cmajk

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am new to the JKs too. So new in fact that I haven't even picked up my wrangler. Lol. However when I was shopping around I did see one JK that had a side step/rail that lowered down when you opened the door and then folded itself back up when you closed it. Looked pretty cool and useful if you had any mobility/arthritis/injuries issues. Wish I had taken a pict of it so I could share it with you. Good luck in your search but yes there's definitely something out there that could work for you. Also you can install grab bars that can also assist you in and out.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you want power steps, check out AMP Research steps or Rockslide Engineering Power steps. The AMP steps run about $1299 and will work fine for a Jeep that won't see a ton of offroading. The RSE steps are a whole different animal. The steps are built into rock sliders and are crazy tough. They are also $1800ish for a pair. I have knee and back issues and will be going with the RSE sliders.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: cmajk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My guess is you're looking for something like this. Has a good look and the steps hang down a bit further than most side steps. These are the Smittybilt ones, but there are other companies that make them as well.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-nfab-nerf-steps-txt-blk-0717jk-4dr.html

I actually just installed them on my Recon yesterday. They work great but since it is my left knee that is in bad shape and these require me to step up with my left leg first, they are still uncomfortable for me.

I'll be swapping them out for the RSE.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
A power step is what it sounds like you need! Amp Research and DV8 both make great power steps. I've seen the Amp Research steps in person, but the DV8 steps are decently cheaper. Both use similar construction and would definitely help you out when getting into your Jeep.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-offroad-electric-step-2door-0717.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/amp-research-powerstep-0717-2door.html

Let me know if you're interested in either of these and I'd be happy to help you out on the price!

-Jake

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I actually just installed them on my Recon yesterday. They work great but since it is my left knee that is in bad shape and these require me to step up with my left leg first, they are still uncomfortable for me.

I'll be swapping them out for the RSE.

Shoot me over a PM when you're ready to order the RSE Side Steps!

-Jake

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Shoot me over a PM when you're ready to order the RSE Side Steps!

-Jake
Jake,

I've already ordered them from NorthRidge 4x4. No personal offense intended, but I'll be taking my business to other vendors before ET. Check out my PM or the thread in the Vendor sections if you have questions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts