Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend being 5'1 is always saying how difficult it is to get into the jeep. Right now it's at a 3.5" lift and she's constantly having to jump up. One day she's probably going to hurt herself so I'm looking at side steps. I really don't like the look of nerf bars, I do like the look of the single step bars. I realize I'm giving up the ground clearance but I'll take the extra safety for driver and passenger. I too have to hop into my jeep which is causing stress on my seat pan. Ive attached a picture of something I'd like to have and am wondering if someone else has this mounted up.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well here is an idea that will keep you Googling for a while.

Power running boards.

I have a 90 suburban I have been trying to customize a set for. The problem I am having is it doesn't seem as anyone has done it or at least not posted about it. However I do believe Amp Research use to make a set for TJs so it should make the customization easier....maybe

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You should be opening the door for your old lady anyways so why not just lift her into the seat? I have no problem tossing my wife into the seat of my rig with 6” of lift. Much better than installing a set of 90s style nerf bars.

Rock sliders with steps are another solution. Your rig is low so a set of sliders will provide a suitable step.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be opening the door for your old lady anyways so why not just lift her into the seat? I have no problem tossing my wife into the seat of my rig with 6” of lift. Much better than installing a set of 90s style nerf bars.

Rock sliders with steps are another solution. Your rig is low so a set of sliders will provide a suitable step.
I always open the door for her and help her up. But it's always a task for her regardless lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it's mainly desert and dunes where im at. Nothing to really get hung up on. I wish I could see how it was mounted though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The real question is... why do you have doors on your Jeep?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The real question is... why do you have doors on your Jeep?
Now were asking the real questions. The doors actually came off today. Im thinking i might just bite the bullet and pick up a nerf bar. The price is friendlier and sellers claim that it mounts to my jeep without any drilling. Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Unfortunately, my nerf bars are welded on... :(

·
Super Moderator
10,506 Posts
UPStrades,
The step in your #1 post is for pickup trucks. It bolts to the inner rocker panel of a truck. On our Wranglers we don't have an inner rocker panel, the side panel is the inner and outer rocker panel. If you bolt that step to your Jeep, the bolts will show on the outside.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPStrades,
The step in your #1 post is for pickup trucks. It bolts to the inner rocker panel of a truck. On our Wranglers we don't have an inner rocker panel, the side panel is the inner and outer rocker panel. If you bolt that step to your Jeep, the bolts will show on the outside.

Good Luck, L.M.
Thank you for that. That was my concern. I couldn't see how it would bolt up without looking ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts