Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Well here is an idea that will keep you Googling for a while.

Power running boards.

I have a 90 suburban I have been trying to customize a set for. The problem I am having is it doesn't seem as anyone has done it or at least not posted about it. However I do believe Amp Research use to make a set for TJs so it should make the customization easier....maybe
We have AMP power running boards on a JK. Essentially no impact on ground clearance. Our short friends love em!

·
Registered
41 Posts
all these links for steps that cost to much. the stirrup ones are $50! i want to spend money on mods, not that stuff i am 6'1"

i am making something myself, paint up nice add some rubber strips and store under the passenger seat. old school but more than likely under $10.

either that or learn to crawl in!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
all these links for steps that cost to much. the stirrup ones are $50! i want to spend money on mods, not that stuff i am 6'1"

i am making something myself, paint up nice add some rubber strips and store under the passenger seat. old school but more than likely under $10.

either that or learn to crawl in!
TRUE...

If you look closely at that stirrup pic ^ above it has a very common hook on it that comes on some cheap tiedown straps that Home Depot sells. With that hook and a piece of the nylon strap you could very easily make one just as nice in a matter of minutes and pocket change.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The strap comes w the hook....

That said, if someone hooks something like that on my rocker and then steps on it, they better be wearing a bullet proof vest

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
The strap comes w the hook....

That said, if someone hooks something like that on my rocker and then steps on it, they better be wearing a bullet proof vest
Its about scale. The height of the passenger attempting to climb in is not the only concern. The width of that rider should be very concerning with that setup. After inspecting the gauge of that metal the clip would go on its a no go for me. Have to find a plan B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rock-Slide Engineering Step Sliders - Love'em!

I'm 5'8" with long legs and my husband is more like 5'4" with short legs. So the one thing he asked for was some kind of steps to help him get into my new JL Rubi that I was going to do the Mopar Lift and 35"s. We absolutely love the Step Sliders. Nice height and makes it so easy to get in/out of Keagan. I know they have them for different models. It might be worth calling them and seeing if any would fit yours. They were great to talk to. I also have the skid plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Scored a deal on some nerf bars for $62 shipped just now. Thanks everyone for the input, this is why I love this forum and jeep life.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Huge hassle.

I have been thinking it needs to go through 2 holes in the floor and curves outward. Pulls back up inside along side of the seat so you only see it when being used. I'm talking Moonshiner engineering. Homemade.

·
Super Moderator
10,631 Posts
Unless we're pre-teens or teenagers, none of us is going to get any taller.

One way to make it easier to get into our Jeeps is drive the Jeep to the gym and do a one hour workout five times a week.
This might not work for those that are 5' or less but for most of us, loosing the belly will sure make all things easier.
I can at least now tie my shoes without huffing and puffing.

JMHO

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
^That's why there's a Denny's next door to your Gym

Reactions: bp1

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts