Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I need something to help kids get in I have factory Rubicon rock rails im thinking some need bars what does everyone use on there's

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Check out Olympic Reverse-a-Bars...pretty cheap, can be flipped up to use as traditional rock sliders or down and they make great steps in the downward position. Mount to the frame rails via sandwich plates. Quite strong. Not simple to reverse as advertised though...install em the way you want em and leave em...there's only 8 bolts to remove/reinstall to flip em, but some of them are a pain in the ass to reach and tighten/loosen. I have them on my Jeep and love them. Powdercoating quality is meh...I mean they're not chipping or rusting or anything, but you can see runs in the finish when you look up close. I bedlined the step on mine with my extra Herculiner from doing my tub (as well as the rockers where people's feet hit when getting in) and they grip very well when it's wet/snowy. If you bedlined the entire thing...the runs in the finish wouldn't be an issue either. My $.02. If I had to choose whether to buy them again or go with something else, I'd probably get them again.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Detours Drop-kick Slyders, a step for my wife and rocker panel protection for the Jeep.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I went with the Rampage step rails. Bolt right on with no drilling and reasonably priced. I've had them on for about 5 years and they still look like new.

1133.jpg

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Are they any kinda step when up
I've never had em up...they're tubes so depending on foot size, they might offer some kind of step. Check for pictures online and you could prolly find some of them in the upward position. Lots of guys run em like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts