Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
My wife never claimed that they were slick so traction must be excellent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had my Ace rock sliders with rubicon rock rails for almost 2 years. They are great protection when off-roading. They are also great for preventing car door dings when someone parks too close. My 4 year old loves to use them as side steps when getting into my JKUR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I really like the looks and also the door ding protection, I'm going to get them then! Thank you all!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Awesome, I really like the looks and also the door ding protection, I'm going to get them then! Thank you all!
I have ACE rock sliders over rubi rock rails and added a strip of 3M anti slip tape 4 inches wide to the top of each rock slider step. I cleaned the step of the sliders very well before putting them on and both have held up perfectly for 6 months now. I bought a 10 ft roll of the 4 inch wide 3M Anti Slip Tape from Lowes and have the extra left over to redo when needed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What do the Ace rock rails do that the stock Rubi rails don't do? Are the stock rails not enough protection?

Thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
What do the Ace rock rails do that the stock Rubi rails don't do? Are the stock rails not enough protection?

Thanks.
I left my rock rails on my JK 2 door Willys and added the Ace Rock Rails. My wife uses the Ace Rock Rail as a step and I use mine as a place to set my foot when the doors are off my jeep in the summer months. Much more comfortable than a foot peg in my opinion. AS a bonus I get the a fore mentioned added protection against door dings and rocks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I left my rock rails on my JK 2 door Willys and added the Ace Rock Rails. My wife uses the Ace Rock Rail as a step and I use mine as a place to set my foot when the doors are off my jeep in the summer months. Much more comfortable than a foot peg in my opinion. AS a bonus I get the a fore mentioned added protection against door dings and rocks.
All of this - plus they add a lot more rocker protection, keep obstacles further away from the body of your Jeep and allow you to slide off of and pivot on rocks.

Thank you,

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts