Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I opened my window while driving around town today, my wife observed that the wind buffeting and noise would be a lot less if one of the side windows in the hardtop could flip for through-flow out, like in our old Montero. It had a horizontally-hinged side window that flipped out about 2 inches at the rear edge. I've been wondering if anyone makes a kit for doing this on a JK?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
sounds kind cool. I think hard plastic windows would be better for that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
When I opened my window while driving around town today, my wife observed that the wind buffeting and noise would be a lot less if one of the side windows in the hardtop could flip for through-flow out, like in our old Montero. It had a horizontally-hinged side window that flipped out about 2 inches at the rear edge. I've been wondering if anyone makes a kit for doing this on a JK?
Personally I only notice buffeting when there is only one window open. Once at least one other window is cracked open, it is much less of a problem from what I can see.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'd love to see them able to pop out a little like an old mini van. Would make driving with the freedom panels off much nicer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On further thought, I remembered that our Montero had sliding windows in back, but I've found that Explorers did have the kind of flip-outs I was thinking about. I'm going to look into what it would take to make the idea work on a JK. I think the hinges and latch would be straight forward, but tight seal may be the tough part.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Check out a recent regarding removing the rear window.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You might do a search on here and on the jk forum. I seem to remember someone tried it, but I don't remember which forum it was on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You could always just open the rear window...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts