Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2013 jk with 20,000 last Monday. Finally back in a jeep after 3 years without. Anyway as I'm cleaning it today I noticed an indent in the sidewall on one of the tires. So I checked the rest and had the same on 3 and a bubble on the 4th. This defect is all in the same area on the tires. Immediately called the dealer and they're supposed to set up a time for me to get them looked at tomorrow. I wanted to get you opinions before info down there to avoid getting the run around.

image-3241734682.jpg

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Indentations are normal on radial tires. It's a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect the performance. If there are no cuts or objects in the tires they're fine. A bubble is something else. I wouldn't run a tire that has a "bubble" in it. Show it to the dealer. They may want to sell you new tires. Indentations are normal, bubbles aren't.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
This is normal. It is caused by the overlap of the sidewall plies since they are lap-spliced.

It is just more obvious on tires with tall sidewalls and higher load capacity.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Indentations are normal on radial tires. It's a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect the performance. If there are no cuts or objects in the tires they're fine. A bubble is something else. I wouldn't run a tire that has a "bubble" in it. Show it to the dealer. They may want to sell you new tires. Indentations are normal, bubbles aren't.
This

1 - 7 of 7 Posts