Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day a saw a pic of a boot that zips nicely over the soft top after its been folded back. I saw that and said I would love to have one of those but I can never seem to get the top folded so neatly that I could ever dream about getting one of those boots to fit. So my question is, Is there someplace I can go to that gives step by step instructions on how to properly fold a soft top when its folded back.. Right now I just try to get as much of it stuffed behind the rear seat. I do remove the side curtains and roll them before the top is folded back.

·
Detail Oriented
3,184 Posts
When properly folded down behind the seat this is what your top should look like.

There are no windows in this, just the top.

Do not lower the top with the side or rear windows in place! You will damage the clear parts for certain.

They need to be packed flat into a window bag which can then be carefully rolled up and placed on the floor between the seats or left at home. I do not recommend placing the windows behind the rear seat unless you can figure out what to do with the rear window tailgate bar, which can be a problem due to its length.

I have rolled up my windows in a padded bag (a purpose-made one with the dividers that protect the clear parts from scratching) without the bar, placed it on the tub floor between the seats and then placed the bar in the back under the folded top.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The zippers on my rear window are a fight to move. That's how it was When I bought the jeep. The side windows are no problem. Some of the teeth on the rear window zipper don't even mesh toghther. Almost makes me want to scrap the entire assembly and go to a frameless setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts