Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, :)
Just joined the forum, I,ve picked up a 95 Wangler, it so far has been working and running great, I have a small leak in the slave cylinder at the trans. will take care of that this summer, just need to keep an eye on the fluid level.

A little up date, This is not my first jeep, when I was 20, my dad and I went to a military auction, this was in 1969, we had just gone there to see what was up at the fair grounds, we looked over the things that were up for bid, my dad grabed me by the arm and said how much money do you have on you, I said I've got my pay check I havent cashed yet witch was 493.00, he said I'll pay you back later, He had spoted two large shipping crates(spelling) he got both of them for under 350.00 at this point I didnot have a clue what was in them, he hired some one to bring them to his place, called me up and said there her come see what you bought, ( so much for my pay chrck ) he reconized ( spelling ) the crates from wwII they had complete jeeps in each one, mine turn out to be a MB38 24 v. his was a MB38A1 allso 24 v. it took use about a mounth to get them decosmolined and put together, the MB38 (mine ) was a plane jane, his had everything you could think of right down to the blackout lighting, I had mine for about 11 years and have kicked my self more than once for selling it.:banghead:

Now I am starting again, I hope it will be as much fun as I remember.:D

·
Administrator
30,780 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Do ya'll still have the mb38a1?

what a great find.

yep i would kick myself too....lol

The 95 yj is a great Jeep.

Have fun

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wow neat story.
I'm confused on the crates though? Did the people know what was in it? Was it just cheap because of how long ago it was?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ALL for the welcome,
Scott Howard:
The MB38A1 was sold after my dad past away in 1989, so I guess you could say he had it for 20 years.

Wiegand:
Have you been to an auction? they do not open some locked trunks, storeage units, creates,ETC so the biders can speculate on what tresuers are with in them and bid high to get it, in 1969 there was a lot of auctions and not that many pople would be there to bid, in this case they had it at the fair grounds, with no advertizing other than a sing on the side of the road, witch got my dads intrest but not realy mine, but it worked out for me as well, and it was not cheep for the time, that 493.00 check I had was for two weeks of work, and I had a wife and baby at the time gas was only .75 a gal. a loaf of bread was only .25 so for the tme, it's not that cheep.
Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts