Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 07 Sahara 2 weeks ago, and i'm looking to do some simple mods within a decent price range for the moment... so far ive changed out the head & fog light bulbs to hyper white bulbs, at the moment the light tint is drying in my garage on the headlights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights... was considering doing the hurculiner, but keep going back and forth.....

Anyone have any other ideas for simple mods i can do myself on a random day off???

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's the thing about "modding" a ride, it should be what YOU want to do. For example, you may hear some grumbles about tinting your lights, but if that's your thing......

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Well, taking crap off is cheap and easy. If you have steps, take them off, you can swap the visors to keep from looking at the stickers, um, Idk, JK's come with less ugly stuff than TJ's did... :) Paint the Jeep letters on the front, trim the flares, Harley mirrors for when you're doorless, make quick discos. I'd have to find the cheap mods thread to come up with more.

Congrats on the new Jeep! Don't forget to wave! :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Looks like a sweet right to me. Just do things as the budget allows and wherever your mind wanders.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i did a simple mod that i like, took the Jeep logo off the front grill and purchased two Jeep logo stickers in silver and put them above the wrangler on the side panels, like it alot better :D

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Yea, that's a good one, but I won't do it cause it looks goofy to me.... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drill a small hole at the base of your side mirrors (through the black plastic, on the vertical circlular base right before it meets the horizontal arm). Water will drain out instead of collecting in there and dribbling down your door for days at a time.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:) Go to "search" for "console cushion", mine is Rugged Ridge and it makes your rught elbow -so comfy, it you gotta drive any length of time

Get some 1" gray door sealer tape cushion, one side adhesive the other-foam, and put along the drivers/passenger doorwindow base and it's easier on the drivers left elbow and passengers right--blends right in with the gray plastic

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Drill a small hole at the base of your side mirrors (through the black plastic, on the vertical circlular base right before it meets the horizontal arm). Water will drain out instead of collecting in there and dribbling down your door for days at a time.
Oh, that's a good one! I forgot about that one...:)

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
I am liking this thread already!

I searched the net and found a site that told me how to make my own cheap disconnects. At least until I can invest into something better in the future.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Remove the chrome jeep badge of the grille....shouldnt be there anyway.
A lot of JK owners do this.. I like it. I've also seen people buy "Jeep" decals for the side like TJ's since JK's don't have them.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D--I like chrome-

My Spindle lugnuts, are chrome

My front JEEP badge is chrome

My valve syem caps are chrome-oh, well polished SS

My front license plate bumper bolts, are chrome

My CB antenna spring, is chrome

My RAINGLER recovery nets, have chrome snaps

All my METRIC wrench's are hard chromed

----I like chrome

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Well Jimbo, since we like you, we'll let you stick around :D Even if you do like chrome... ;)

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
A lot of JK owners do this.. I like it. I've also seen people buy "Jeep" decals for the side like TJ's since JK's don't have them.
Im so used to the TJ grille I guess. I couldnt get over it. Every time I looked at it I was like...egh...
It doesnt bother me on a cherokee or other jeep vehicles though...idk.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts