Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

My 2012 JK has at least 12,000 miles on it and

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been several previous polls but most of them allowed people with too few miles on their Jeeps to vote. Some folks voted that they did not have the problem but later on it turned out that they did.

There is only one requirement in this poll for 2012 JK owners and that is that they have at least 12,000 miles on their Jeeps. Yes, it can take longer than that for the problem to surface in some cases, but if the limit is set too high we will have too few votes. In most cases the problem will have shown up by 12K miles.

Even if you have voted in previous polls, if you have at least 12K miles on your Jeep, please vote again in this poll.

This poll is open ONLY to those with at least 12K miles on their Jeeps, whether they have had a confirmed head problem or not.

Only CONFIRMED head problems count, not just ticking or CELs.

If people cooperate, this should be a very informative poll.

Tomster

·
Registered
892 Posts
Cant vote, my Jeep only has 2k on it since April. It will be awhile till I get 12k but no head problem yet.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Tomster!

you know... after getting the rig last october [first mopar vehicle] i joined the site. then came the infamous ticking threads. the paranoia seed was sowed. later my rig went on to ping and knock... the first dealership stated my heads needed replaced. PANIC STRICKEN!

well... 1 year and 16k later, i am pleased to state the only head problem i have sits above the shoulders ;)

new gas station/higher octane elevated the ping/knock.. the condition wasn't "bad" but was enough to annoy me. hasn't pinged since

i decided to stay away from the ticking threads and my anxiety has regained normal levels. the rig is doing GREAT!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Tomster!

you know... after getting the rig last october [first mopar vehicle] i joined the site. then came the infamous ticking threads. the paranoia seed was sowed. later my rig went on to ping and knock... the first dealership stated my heads needed replaced. PANIC STRICKEN!

well... 1 year and 16k later, i am pleased to state the only head problem i have sits above the shoulders ;)

new gas station/higher octane elevated the ping/knock.. the condition wasn't "bad" but was enough to annoy me. hasn't pinged since

i decided to stay away from the ticking threads and my anxiety has regained normal levels. the rig is doing GREAT!
That's fantastic, JK! I hope your good luck continues with your Jeep. Keep us posted.

So you use mid grade, 89 octane, or what?

Tomster

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's fantastic, JK! I hope your good luck continues with your Jeep. Keep us posted.

So you use mid grade, 89 octane, or what?

Tomster

Shell 93 ...flame me all you want [not you Tom] i will continue to use it and IT DOES run better with it. no joke. no bull. no ping!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please add your vote if you have 12K or more miles on your 2012 JK.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this poll is going to tell us anything we need more participation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would you guys who vote in the poll that you have not had a problem mind posting in this thread how many miles you have on your Jeep?

Also, you guys who have had a problem, would you post and tell us how many miles you had on your Jeep when the problem was confirmed?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I just cracked 16k miles this morning, and no check engine light for a head problem...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Uh, you never told us the results of the last 10 polls you made.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Tomster....give it a few more months (to see if any AC heads start to tick)...and it might be time to jump back in. I bet you can work a nice deal on a 2013 in late December.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently bough a 2012 Sport S and im concerned about problems with the Pentastar. Which things I should be carefull with?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I recently bough a 2012 Sport S and im concerned about problems with the Pentastar. Which things I should be carefull with?
Well according to Jeep....poor quailty gas and some undisclosed way of driving is the cause. :rolleyes: Of course...that didn't stop them from redesigning the head....twice.

Just read through the "ticking" thread. Some tick...some don't. Nothing you can do about it right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Btt

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Drive it. If the CEL comes on take it to the dealer. Simple as that.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I apologize, I voted before I read the conditions. I do not have a head problem, but I only have about 4,900-miles to date. Sorry.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I apologize, I voted before I read the conditions. I do not have a head problem, but I only have about 4,900-miles to date. Sorry.
No problem. Let's hope your vote is still good when you do have the 12K miles. :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts