·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Locktite or anti-seize?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
My choice would be anti sieze. I used wheel bearing grease on the threads and the shank. Torqued as per FSM 30 ft/lbs.

Mine had minor rust when removed. I cleaned the the frame nuts with a bore brusj stuck in a drill, cleaned the bolts on a bench grinder wire wheel. Treated for rust painted the bolt heads. Seems fine.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jokerchief462 said:
My choice would be anti sieze. I used wheel bearing grease on the threads and the shank. Torqued as per FSM 30 ft/lbs.

Mine had minor rust when removed. I cleaned the the frame nuts with a bore brusj stuck in a drill, cleaned the bolts on a bench grinder wire wheel. Treated for rust painted the bolt heads. Seems fine.
Torque at 30? Mine had to have been at 90 foot lbs! 30 seems kinda light.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Neither just torq it to the book.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Torque from the FSM 30 ft/lbs. I know a lot of stuff on my Jeep is wrenched on so hard it is almost impossible to get off. So as I went through the build I clean all the hardware and make good use of the FSM and the troque wrenches I bought. The manual doesn't say anything about anti-sieze or locker or grease. Hope this all helps you decide whats right for your Jeep.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts