Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I never knew they had a mall there, looks like the parking lot hasn't been paved in a while.

Looks like you had a great time.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
And all the 2-door vs. 4-door threads claim the JKU is nothing but a station wagon for hauling the kids. Nice.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Now that's some "mall crawling" fun right there

OK, I so totally want to go to that mall. And I hate shopping!
Maybe I could just drive around their parking lot. Or jump in the red Jeep. Looks like it's the parking lot trolley?

:rofl:

Looks like you guys had a great time. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
And all the 2-door vs. 4-door threads claim the JKU is nothing but a station wagon for hauling the kids. Nice.
Funny. They seem to me like all they do is bash the 2-doors. Could it possibly be that you have a 4-door and I have a 2-door? Maybe?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny. They seem to me like all they do is bash the 2-doors. Could it possibly be that you have a 4-door and I have a 2-door? Maybe?
I don't guess we have read the same threads, I have had and wheeled all different wheel bases and know the pros and cons so Im not going to say one is the "best" just because I currently own whatever.

But you are right most of the treads are people just trying to point out the advantages of what they have and the disadvantages of the other.

Keyboard wheelers like to argue about it while others know both have advantages and disadvantages that you have to and can work around.

·
Retired Moderator
100,660 Posts
Your Wrangler build is second to none, great job........:thumb:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Does anyone explain if there really is no difference? When I went to order mine I actually was considering the 4door but when I looked around at the lot, 2 caught my eye one being a safari and the other just a jku. Now the reason why I went with 2 door is because as soon as I seen them and walked up to them I could tell the body was twisted as none of the doors sealed properly and were all open a little bit in one corner or another.

As soon as I seem that I said no thanx and went with 2door. Anyone have or seen this issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry buddy, it's just simple math. 2-door jeeps have enough room for the driver and one fat chick. 4-door jeeps have enough room for a threesome or foursome....lol. I'm living it up with a 4-door and I just can't see myself driving a 2-door. It's just nice to be able to haul friends out to dinner or the local pub. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I always find it funny how on the forums it is always 2 door vs 4 door. Our group of jeeps that we wheel with is pretty evenly split, 2 door and 4 door. We have all come to realize the advantages and disadvantages of each on the trails and it is quite interesting to see something that the 2 door goes through with little effort and the 4 door struggles. Then to see a 2 door struggling on an obstacle that the next 4 door goes up like it was nothing.

The online key board wheelers are funny =P

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Here is how we mallcrawl our Limos here in Phoenix! The curbs are killers!

He did make that vertical up and over too!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I always find it funny how on the forums it is always 2 door vs 4 door. Our group of jeeps that we wheel with is pretty evenly split, 2 door and 4 door. We have all come to realize the advantages and disadvantages of each on the trails and it is quite interesting to see something that the 2 door goes through with little effort and the 4 door struggles. Then to see a 2 door struggling on an obstacle that the next 4 door goes up like it was nothing.

The online key board wheelers are funny =P
We're about evenly split in my Jeep club also. Some obstacles are easier for the 2-doors, some are easier for the 4-doors. No one in my club ever bashes the other (well, the guys/gals with TJ's and YJ's do give the JK/JKU's a little good-natured ribbing on the narrower trails). I try to refrain from criticizing anyone's ride, only on the jeep forums do I hear how my 4-door isn't a "real jeep."

·
Registered
483 Posts
4-doors are for people who care about socializing, or for people who have kids.

2-doors are for loners, or people who would rather have friends bring their own Jeeps.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts