Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 JKU with the OEM LED lighting package. Yesterday the right fog light stopped working. It's super easy to access the plug, so I threw a circuit tester on it and there is no power going to that light.

Popped open the fuse box under the hood and could only find a single 20A fuse that apparently controls both fog lights and the trailer lighting. I pulled the fuse but the left fog light continued to work... so something strange is going on.

The dealership installed a custom front bumper, but it doesn't look like the wiring harness for the fog lights was altered at all, so I don't think it's a broken butt connector or anything.

Is there another fuse box somewhere that has individual fog light fuses?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
did you try replacing the fog lamp bulb? (assuming halos based on colour in the picture) before messing with any thing start at the basics, change the bulb, or swap the bulb to the other housing (connector) that will at least let you confirm with the working bulb if the harness/wiring is whacked out....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM LED package... there is no bulb to swap.

I've already confirmed that there's no juice coming into the assembly from the wiring harness.

Those are great steps to start with, I'm just one step past them. :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
OEM LED package... there is no bulb to swap.

I've already confirmed that there's no juice coming into the assembly from the wiring harness.

Those are great steps to start with, I'm just one step past them. :)
my bad, I didn't catch the LED part, your picture oddly makes it look like there is a bulb, my mistake!!:pc-ouch::tomatoes:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You should still be under warranty. I would let the dealer have a look at it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should still be under warranty. I would let the dealer have a look at it.

This would be the next step, but the dealer is 45 minutes away and I stay at home with a baby so it's not as easy as that once was. I'm very technically proficient with cars/electrical, so I would rather troubleshoot it at home than make a trek down to the dealer to wait around for hours. Was hoping someone here might have a tidbit more helpful information... but hmmmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts