Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advantages to either of them? Looking for a non nav replacement for my 130. Thinking I could use either size. Any thoughts? There are many to choose. If I can narrow down size that eliminates half...

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'll be honest, I don't know what the difference is. The last time I installed a radio, it had two knobs! :lmao: And a cassette deck!
So I'd like to know, too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any advantages to either of them? Looking for a non nav replacement for my 130. Thinking I could use either size. Any thoughts? There are many to choose. If I can narrow down size that eliminates half...
For starters, what will you be doing with it? Will you be adding in an amplifier for the speakers or added a sub? Worry about hardware first then see what your single and double din options are. I ran a 5 channel amp in my old car so I needed 6 preamp outputs. My opinion is for you to go to your local audio store (best buy, local shop, whatever you can find) and play with a few headunits to see what interface you like the most. I prefer pioneer and have for a while because of the simplicity once you understand menus. Once you figure out what brand you want then decide on the options you want. Get HD radio, get Bluetooth, and make sure it's compatible with the type of phone you have. Also really think about what you'll be using it for, if you listen to the radio a lot then get one that is well set up for that, pioneers with no buttons on the front probably aren't ideal.

So to go back to the original question, figure all that other stuff out then look at prices and asthetics. A single din will most likely be cheaper but may look empty to you, I haven't looked at the mounting options so idk if it'll add a little storage slot or just be blank space. Another thing to think about is whether or not you want a USB Input on the front, I hate the look but they are convenient so I got one with two in the rear and ran a USB extension behind the dash to a convenient location that's out of the way. As you can tell there's a lot of personal preference here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't upgraded my HU since i put in a Alpine 9887 in my CRV and its a little dated now.. but if you aren't going NAV I would go with Single DIN. Double DINs have gotten much nicer in the last 5 years though... I may be looking for one with NAV soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts