Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening y’all!! So here is what I’m wanting to do. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I bought a set of Mictuning interior light strips and they currently have a cigarette lighter plug on the end to power on and off. What I want to do is run it to my rocker switch that I bought and install the rocker switch beside one of the empty slots where my hazard light button is. What I’m wondering is where I can tap into to get power for the rocker witch. I was seeing things about just tapping into the cigarette plug but apparently it has power constantly so if the lights were to go left on or someone flicked it on accident it could drain my battery. Where is something I could tap into that receives enough power to run this one thing and is on whenever my keys are in and the accessory switch is turned on?Any help is thanked greatly!!

·
Retired Moderator
101,542 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: GabeS13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Evening y’all!! So here is what I’m wanting to do. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I bought a set of Mictuning interior light strips and they currently have a cigarette lighter plug on the end to power on and off. What I want to do is run it to my rocker switch that I bought and install the rocker switch beside one of the empty slots where my hazard light button is. What I’m wondering is where I can tap into to get power for the rocker witch. I was seeing things about just tapping into the cigarette plug but apparently it has power constantly so if the lights were to go left on or someone flicked it on accident it could drain my battery. Where is something I could tap into that receives enough power to run this one thing and is on whenever my keys are in and the accessory switch is turned on?Any help is thanked greatly!!
I think I may have solved my problem after searching for a little while longer. How it usually works but I found a connector from Quadratec that connects to the cigarette lighted and then splices on with an inline fuse and a 12v power supply. Just what I need!

·
Retired Moderator
101,542 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I am looking to do the same thing. Would you please post the item you bought?
Not sure if you're asking about the lights or the wiring harness, but I believe this is what he's talking about. It piggybacks inline on the 12v cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I may have solved my problem after searching for a little while longer. How it usually works but I found a connector from Quadratec that connects to the cigarette lighted and then splices on with an inline fuse and a 12v power supply. Just what I need!
Not sure if you're asking about the lights or the wiring harness, but I believe this is what he's talking about. It piggybacks inline on the 12v cigarette lighter.

Hi I bought the interior lights also would like to do the same thing with an accessory switch.Can you post the switch you bought and were you installed it in your Jeep. Thanks,Kip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts