Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my worn out stock stabilizer with a Rough Country 2.2with relocate bracket. I put 35s on two weeks ago and I feel like the bump steer is just getting worse. Could I have worn out the stabilizer already, or is a dual system really needed with 35s? Or is something else probably giving out on me? I’ve got a new 2.5” rubicon express w/progressive springs and billstein shocks (lift kit) and added rancho geometry bracket with the lift. Been couple hundred miles haven’t gotten alignment checked yet

·
Registered
85 Posts
I replaced my worn out stock stabilizer with a Rough Country 2.2with relocate bracket. I put 35s on two weeks ago and I feel like the bump steer is just getting worse. Could I have worn out the stabilizer already, or is a dual system really needed with 35s? Or is something else probably giving out on me? I’ve got a new 2.5” rubicon express w/progressive springs and billstein shocks (lift kit) and added rancho geometry bracket with the lift. Been couple hundred miles haven’t gotten alignment checked yet
Steering stabilizer won't help with bumpsteer and dual system isn't any better than using one. What size lift do you have? You may need some caster correction or a draglink flip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Steering stabilizer won't help with bumpsteer and dual system isn't any better than using one. What size lift do you have? You may need some caster correction or a draglink flip.

Forgive me its late. I see it in your post. The geo brackets should have helped. I would take it in and check the alignment unless you know how to do that with some basic tools at home. There are guides out there to test your toe and caster ect

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alignment before buying flipped drag link? Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t I need a new alignment once I replace the drag link and tie rod end?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make sure everything is torqued to spec. I know my aftermarket front track bar jam nut is supposed to be 250# if I recall correctly. If anything is loose it can cause loose steering feel, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I’m out of town,I’ll have to check torques next week. Seems this is a common issue after a lift - even a 2.5. Google seems to tell me a drag link flip is a bit much for that short a lift. Not finding solid solutions so far...but like I said, can’t touch the Jeep for another week :-/

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Definitely check torque and get that alignment done asap. Don't worry about adding any thing until that's done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I’m out of town,I’ll have to check torques next week. Seems this is a common issue after a lift - even a 2.5. Google seems to tell me a drag link flip is a bit much for that short a lift. Not finding solid solutions so far...but like I said, can’t touch the Jeep for another week :-/
Yea the draglink is meant for lifts 3+ so you are good on that with a 2.5 lift unless it actually yeiled more than advertised. You can measure to find out. More than likely its a torque issue or something isn't aligned correctly. You can easily check your toe, caster, steering wheel at home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts