Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry my son grabbed the phone and sent that effe I was done. Haha.
So I got the Sirius aftermarket stand alone radio and am wondering where to run the antenna to. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sorry my son grabbed the phone and sent that effe I was done. Haha.
So I got the Sirius aftermarket stand alone radio and am wondering where to run the antenna to. Any suggestions?

I bought an after market 430RBZ touch screen. My 2013 JKU does NOT have connectivity. If you google Sirius antenna I actually came across a diagram/schematic of where and how the factory Sirius antenna is installed - so ask Uncle Google. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put mine inside, on top of the dash board, right in the center. 2 sided tape. I only use Sirius during the trial periods, when it's free, but it works great then. I have the hard top even.

As long as there isn't too much metal between the antenna and the satellite, you will be fine.

Steven

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard you can put it on top of the center roll bar (sound bar), and can even put it under the padding and run the cable completely hidden down the side, under the carpet and up the dash to the radio unit.
Do you think being hidden under the padding and under the soft top would affect the reception?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've heard you can put it on top of the center roll bar (sound bar), and can even put it under the padding and run the cable completely hidden down the side, under the carpet and up the dash to the radio unit.
Do you think being hidden under the padding and under the soft top would affect the reception?
mine is in the center of the sound bar. there is a gap that is just big enough for it to fit between the sound bar and the hard top. Obviously when the hard top is off the reception is perfect, but even with the top on the only time I lose reception is when I am parked under a thick tree or sitting at a drive thru window (same is true in my work van, which I just threw the antenna on top of, so it's probably just a satellite radio limitation.)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I mounted mine on the cowl. On passengers side, just behind the hood hinge. I had it mounted closer to the windshield, but it would get blocked when I was heading due North. In it's current location I rarely lose signal.
If you look close in this pic, you can see the small black antennae.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts