Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Sirius Radion for my 2008 Wrangle soft top and was looking for the best location for the antenna, any suggesstions? Pete

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
The stock location is on the roll bar near the sound bar.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I ran my atenna along the passanger side up the wind shield and put it right in the middle of the wind shield, tucked it in along the plastic line, covers up very nice and just threw the extra cord under the passanger carpet. but I have a hard top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have the hard top so having it under the hard won't effect the signal, there is a spot on the roll bar that will clear the hard to T section.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ran my atenna along the passanger side up the wind shield and put it right in the middle of the wind shield, tucked it in along the plastic line, covers up very nice and just threw the extra cord under the passanger carpet. but I have a hard top.

did this with my soft top as well but i cut it out the pass door and up to the center so it sits on the top frame center of windshild

·
Registered
323 Posts
I also have the hard top so having it under the hard won't effect the signal, there is a spot on the roll bar that will clear the hard to T section.
I have it on the outside, just on the top of the windshield, fit's perfect. just run the wire roughly where the two top pieces come together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did the install this summer. I have a 2008 soft top wrangler 2dr. I ran the antenna wiring up the roll bars, under the padding. Then placed the magnetic antenna on the roll bar above the sound bar. I researched this for a couple of weeks and all my internet searching said this was the bet way. I tried it as stated above, and have been absolutley pleased. I have found that top up, or down, I get the same amount of "bars" on the display and enjoy the same reception.

If only it was that easy on the DW's Trailblazer and my Grand Am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts