Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited sport S. I am currently having a reception problem with the sat radio. It keeps saying "acquring signal" and sometimes it comes in and out. Does anyone know where the antenna is located for this year and model?

thank you
dzntzmf71

·
Registered
374 Posts
The antenna should be located under the roll bar padding just above the Front Passenger seat near the B-Pillar (Soundbar). For easy access to it it is better to remove your Freedom Panel or fold your softop back.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Make sure you are outside. Sirius doesn't do well in enclosed areas like garages, etc. Once I pull into my garage, I lose the signal everytime.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Since it is a 2012, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them fix it under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited sport S. I am currently having a reception problem with the sat radio. It keeps saying "acquring signal" and sometimes it comes in and out. Does anyone know where the antenna is located for this year and model?

thank you
dzntzmf71
Are you driving in a downtown area with a lot of highrises? That, garages, and even the canopies over pumps at gas stations can interfere with the signal.

If you're just out cruising in normal unobstructed areas, I'd do like bbtj said and pay a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I took the jeep back to the Service dept. As it turns out the radio was defective. The dealer had to order a new one. How does a BRAND NEW jeep just from the factory arrive with a bad radio REALLY!!!! Thank God for warranties!!!!

thank you for everyone's input

·
Registered
34 Posts
Make sure you are outside. Sirius doesn't do well in enclosed areas like garages, etc. Once I pull into my garage, I lose the signal everytime.
For reasons that defy physics and I can't understand, I get good reception in the garage and outside.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Well I took the jeep back to the Service dept. As it turns out the radio was defective. The dealer had to order a new one. How does a BRAND NEW jeep just from the factory arrive with a bad radio REALLY!!!! Thank God for warranties!!!!

Uh, electronics and mechanical parts fail. With electronics they are more likely to fail right out of the box and then when very old.

Seriously, you expect everything to be perfect? Things happen. :banghead:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was told that if you are in Canada or the Upper Northern states the reception can be intermitant due to the low horizon positioning of the satelite. In open areas it's not bad but get into valleys or obstructed by hills, buildings and such and it's gonna lose signal, or what I call blackout zones... Mine does!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yup. Mine does the same thing. 2012 with 430N system. Mine goes into "aquiring signal" every 5 or 6 starting cycle.

I need to take it back to the dealer to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Shouldn't have happen but might just have been cold solder joint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts