Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A question similar to this has been asked, but I haven’t been able to find an answer specific to my situation, so here goes.

I’ve got a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited, and after being parked for a week in an airport parking garage, I have found that the stock, factory installed Sirius radio is stuck on the last channel I left it on. It will not receive Sirius XM and after a few seconds, switches itself over to AM/FM mode.

I have spent time on the phone with the people at Sirius; they’ve sent refresher signals and booster signals but to no avail. I’ve tried pulling the fuse, but that doesn’t work.

I haven’t disconnected the battery yet. (I got zapped by a car battery in auto shop class back in the 80s and am still freaked out by electrical systems.)

Anyone have any suggestions?

This is pissing me off. Sirius told me to contact the dealership and someone, who wants to go to the stealership?

Any help is always appreciated -

Thanks!
Michael

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
just disconnect the battery, then turn on the headlamps to drain all energy, then after 10 seconds turn off lights and let sit for about minutes to really ensure every thing is depleted of energy.

NOTE: make sure you have your radio activation code as you WILL need it after reconnecting the battery!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts