Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone, I know what I want for my jeep but where do you guys get your tires and wheels? I've used tirerack in the past but I'm looking to score a good deal with great customer service.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I tried discount tire. I sent them the link showing the same tires at a lower price, it took them 3 days to get back to me. By that time I had already bought them at the lower price locally. I'm sure that if you have the time to wait for them to match prices and then take 50 from that, then it will be a great deal. It really was a shame because there is a discount tire 3 miles from my home. Maybe next time.

Tirerack also has great prices, but take into consideration shipping, mounting , balancing and I always have an alignment done. All this adds to the price quickly. Another bonus of buying locally is that you usually get lifetime balance and rotation.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Travis will get back to you fast & I got a total of $150 off (with the Tread Lightly discount included) then he gave me 15% off the total & free shipping.I had them within 3 days. Also the price was better than anyone else to start with.You have to talk to him directly though for the forum discount.

Sorry you didn't have any luck JD, I got a great deal from him

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I was buying tires for Lexy's car and you know how impatient teenagers are when it comes to their cars. Unfortunately DT had just become a forum vendor and there wasn't that much information available, so I followed the link and the response was slow. I will probably be buying her new ones sooner than I would like and I will def give them another shot.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Redjeepmormon said:
Way overpriced IMO. I like tire rack
Shipping and all, tirerack was $400 higher than Discount Tire for me. That "out-the-door" price made a big difference.

Plus DT had excellent customer service.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
DT all the way, bought my Hankooks after talking with the guys at my local DT about some other tires and they gave me an awesome deal also the insurance you can put on them is great! No questions asked if your tire goes flat take it in and they replace it and it's only 35 bucks to put it back on already used it once because I got a hole in my sidewall while off roading and they replace it the next day :punk: always friendly and knowledgeable. Just my .02 =)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discount tire. No doubt. Tire rack does not include shipping that is a huge add on and doesn't have the customer Service

1 - 16 of 16 Posts