Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I am searching for an engine and transmission skid plate for my 14 JK Sahara with Auto. Jeep is staying close to stock height but will still be used regularly off road.

Most I see say a 2.5" lift is required so any help is really appreciated.

Thank You
T

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
764 Posts
Hello Everyone

I am searching for an engine and transmission skid plate for my 14 JK Sahara with Auto. Jeep is staying close to stock height but will still be used regularly off road.

Thank You
T
We manufacture the original and best selling JK skid plate systems on the market.

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/skid-plate-body-armor-recommenations-1616337.html

You can learn more about our skids here:
Jeep Wrangler JK Skid Plate Systems

View the coverage they provide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys80SCb6XmU

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Everyone

Thank You
T
We manufacture the original and best selling JK skid plate systems on the market.

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/skid-plate-body-armor-recommenations-1616337.html

You can learn more about our skids here:
Jeep Wrangler JK Skid Plate Systems

View the coverage they provide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys80SCb6XmU
I love this one. Who in British Columbia Canada sells it? Or will you ship direct.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
A reasonably priced option, if that is all you want is the M.O.R.E. Oil/Transmission skid plate.
Required drilling one hole in the transmission cross member, and I ended up buying one additional bolt that wasn't in my kit for the install with the 3.6L.
Nice quality, but not too heavy.
M.O.R.E. Wrangler Oil/Transmission Skid Plate JKOPSP (07-16 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
Send a PM to XTRyan for an even better price.

If you end up wheeling a bit harder than your original plans, a better skid plate for the fuel tank would be a great upgrade. In which case, you would probably be better off to get a package deal.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I went with the Rock Hard and am very pleased with it.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I use the rockhard and only have 1.5" lift.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Skid Row or M.O.R.E

Guys,

I see several of you have had experience with the Skid Row skid, but I would also like to see how it compares to the M.O.R.E.

I had a Skid Row on my last TJ and that thing was as tough and stout as they come.

Engine/Transmission Skid Plate - for Jeep JK Wrangler - Skid Row Offroad™

I am curious about the M.O.R.E product too.. They are like $50 difference in price and for that little money I have zero hesitance about the purchase of the Skid Row product. I would love to hear from someone who has put the M.O.R.E product through its paces. I'm not worried about drilling holes :)

https://www.mountainoffroad.com/jeep-jk/body-armor/jk-skid-plates/oil-pan-transmission-case-skid-plate-07-jk.html

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i've got about 500 miles or so of trails & rocks. If you look at where this skid sits, it shouldn't get abused, like a tank or transfer case skid, unless someone is in a real bad predicament, or just choses really bad lines.

What I have had is bits of tree branches and rocks bounce up under it, and also at the transmission cross member the bolt heads have taken some rock gnashing (JKU break over angle). There are some light marks in the powder coating from this, but that's it.
It uses some pretty stout brackets up front that bolt to the frame side of the engine mounts.

The only thing I may do down the road, is weld up some cone washers to protect the bolt heads at the transmission cross member... maybe, if I'm really bored and have nothing better to do, like drink a beer. :)

I'm interested to see what the dealership says when it goes in for an oil change. The oil drain hole (while easy for me to use), may present an issue to a spoiled dealer tech.
I keep it dealer serviced for warranty, and resale. Otherwise, they don't touch the Jeep.
hth,

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have Rock Hards as well. I can recommend them, although mine didn't bolt up as easy as their video shows. I also see a lot of people talking about the access cover for the drain plug. I just changed my oil and didn't have any issues with it.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Another vote for Rock Hard

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Rock Hard vs Extreme Rock Crawling Trail ---> Rock Hard Wins!

Attachments

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,232 Posts
Full set of Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum skids here - very pleased although they did take some finesse to get on....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts