Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 TJ and want to build an oil pan skid. I can't decide on either one similar to a teraflex that bolts to the bell housing and and the engine block and protects the oil pan or one like skid row makes that runs all the way back to the transfercase skid. I know that I could just buy one but have the material and tools to do either style but wanted some opinions what others think. I have a 5 speed manual so I am don't have to worry about protecting a trans pan.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
run it to the t case skid.
that is something you want protected. if you are gona do it, then do it right. go for the full monty.

EDIT:
in this pic, you cant see it very well, but there is a rock right under the transmission. it could have very easily ended that trip had there not been a full skid there. a crappy one, but there still and it did its job acceptably.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am thinking, I have a peice of 1/4 plate that is an access door of an oil tank so I have plenty of material. Thanks for you advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts