Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I went with the EVO Protek Skid system on my JKUR. Great combo of solid protection and decent price.

View attachment 4417905
(Not my Jeep)
i was going to go Evo kit but I didn’t want drop my oil pan. I ordered the Rancho oil pan skid and plan on getting the Evo exhaust and evap skid and calling it a day. I also didn’t want to drop the cross member for the Evo manual tranny skid. I might change my mind later.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I've nothing to add to this conversation other than I've been looking and leaning towards Aluminum if I get any. I may just upgrade the cross member using one from a reputable source and then have the option to expand later. I wheel less extreme than I used to so a decent cross member may be all I need. I've looked at all the options listed above and I like the Rock hard one thus far the best, but whew... the price!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the same Metalcloak skid system on my JKU, very good quality and fits perfect, they even give you a new reinforced crossmember to replace the factory one.

And if you don't like the goldish color just spray paint it over like I did with all my Metalcloak parts.
Totally agree about the new crossmember. That alone is a huge reason for going Metalcloak. I have not found a stronger bolt-on skid plate setup. Even steel skids from other companies that bolt onto the factory crossmembers are weak due to the flimsy crossmembers.

Mine came with a silver finish, not the traditional gold. I was bummed about that since everyone else’s (including my friend’s I installed for him shortly after my own) was gold.

But yeah, no better or stronger bolt-on setup for sure. Can’t beat it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts