Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone encountered a similar issue?

Brake holds up fine on an incline, the only annoying part is when you raise the lever it always skips one click in the middle - just jumps straight to the next one. Brake works fine, raises about 60% of the travel to kick in so feels like there are no issues with the system in general.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine always skips. And barely holds. Took the brake apart to look in tightened up the brake because the pads were worn a little but other than that fine. I have never had a good ebrake on my jeeps. I have owned 2 jks. And a yj but that ebrake wasn't connected. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Have anyone encountered a similar issue?

Brake holds up fine on an incline, the only annoying part is when you raise the lever it always skips one click in the middle - just jumps straight to the next one. Brake works fine, raises about 60% of the travel to kick in so feels like there are no issues with the system in general.
Yes I have exactly the same issue

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually looking to address this if possible without visiting a stealer. Have anyone fixed this or remembers of a writeup of some sort?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yup! I had this same exact thing on my 2015 JKU and since it's a MT I use my parking brake a lot so it was driving me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they covered it under warranty without giving me any issues (they had it over night to order parts). It was not always consistent so I made sure to show the advisor exactly what it was doing and he immediately agreed that it wasn't right. I'm glad I showed the advisor because I noticed in the tech notes that they initially wrote that they couldn't replicate the issue.

The repair was about 2 months ago and haven't noticed an issue since! Good Luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but when it skips the notch then clicks I know its set and won't move.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had to replace my whole handle assembly because the cable broke and now mine doesn't really skip but kind of pops right about where its fully engaged. Is that what your talking about. Also I've just had to adjust mine to get it to hold good. Its not hard. Just pull the caliper and use a flat head to turn the adjuster to where you like where it engages fully.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine sometimes does the same thing. I think it's dependent on the pressure I apply to the lever. It won't do it on the bottom, but the higher I pull, the skip seems more likely. The only thing that would cause that (that I can think of) is that the latch on the handle itself isn't seating into a certain "click" as you're pulling up. If it locks in place after the skip, the brake will hold just fine. I'm not particularly concerned about it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
my e brake has always been crap. don't know how i stumbled across a video of a guy with an ebrake problem but this is what he did. in short, he figured out that if you hold the button in on the handle, pump up about 3/4 of the way and back down to off position 3 times in succession then take finger off button and pull up it would lock in solid. i've since adopted this method and it works great.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I had to replace my whole handle assembly because the cable broke and now mine doesn't really skip but kind of pops right about where its fully engaged. Is that what your talking about. Also I've just had to adjust mine to get it to hold good. Its not hard. Just pull the caliper and use a flat head to turn the adjuster to where you like where it engages fully.
If I depress the button as I pull up I feel a "pop" so I don't think it has anything to do with the ratchet. It is almost like something flexes when the tension on the cable hits a certain point. My warranty is over in a few months and I plan on having the dealer look before time runs out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I depress the button as I pull up I feel a "pop" so I don't think it has anything to do with the ratchet. It is almost like something flexes when the tension on the cable hits a certain point. My warranty is over in a few months and I plan on having the dealer look before time runs out.
I had my dealer look at it like I said earlier all they did was tighten and then say it's normal. They never replaced it. All they said was it they tighten it anymore the cable would come loose or something stupid. Also that it's normal in wranglers. Which I'm assuming it is but not the the point that it shouldn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts