Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this today on a loaded JL Sahara. Checked it out and it's a $4,000 option.

Don't think this is a popular option. Anyone have experience with this? Wonder how well this keeps out water.

From the window sticker:

Sky One–Touch Power Top $3,995
Removable Rear Quarter Windows
Power Top Quarter Window Storage Bag
Rear Window Wiper / Washer
Rear Window Defroster

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Yes it is a pricey option. Dealers don't keep them in inventory precisely because they are so expensive.

At this point it is anyone’s guess how well it keeps rain out.

I’ve heard the fabric only sits on top of the roof rails; you can lift the fabric with your hand; doesn’t form a seal.

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
TFL took one to the car wash: it didn’t leak. However, they show how easily the fabric lifts with a finger.
The car wash scene starts after minute 5:20.

BTW, the issue of water collecting in the rain gutters and draining into the Jeep when they open the door is common to all JL hardtops, not just the Sky One Touch. Mine does it too. Apparently is the price to pay for a more reclined windshield: JL’s rain gutter starts farther back than on a JK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a one touch little over a week ago. We’ve had some pretty hard rains when I drove it home and since then. Still dry inside. The rain gutter is very annoying, yes. Looking forward to popping the back windows out and taking doors off this spring!

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
I just picked up a one touch little over a week ago. We’ve had some pretty hard rains when I drove it home and since then. Still dry inside. The rain gutter is very annoying, yes. Looking forward to popping the back windows out and taking doors off this spring!
:welcome: to WF!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not much into buying new stuff (so I buy a JL), I like time tested a few years.

I opted for the painted hard top and the old V6, I do kind of wish I bought the one touch.... very cool.

When I looked at the painted hard top along with factory insulation the one touch was only about $1,400. more I think.

BTW, my top doesn't leak, I have been through many different car washes.

Really like your LS7 vette, I had a LT1 same year.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts