Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want a Skyjacker 2.5" suspension lift but I have a few questions I'd like answered with your help. First while looking for this lift I narrowed it down to the two cheapest versions of the 2.5" and they offer a SYSTEM lift and a STANDARD lift.

The SYSTEM lift includes front and rear coil springs, front and rear shocks, track bar relocation bracket, and upper cambolts.

The STANDARD lift includes front and rear shocks, front and rear coil springs, track bar relocation bracket, lower links, and transfer case and transmission lowering kit.

Now the SYSTEM lift is roughly $528 and the STANDARD lift is about $826. So, I want to stay cheap and would prefer the system lift but,......

I want to know if the SYSTEM lift comes with everything I would need to lift my Jeep 2.5" FROM STOCK or would I have to get the STANDARD kit to lift my Jeep from stock because of the extra parts?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
you can do a lot better. look at OME and BDS instead. also be aware no "kit" is complete. learn about your suspension, identify the components needed and buy them separately to make your own "kit".
Well I need to stay with Skyjacker because my friend gets a discount from them because he does business with them

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I understand they aren't the best company but no one has answered my question...... I want to know which lift of the two I listed would be needed to lift my stock Jeep so I can get a price quote on how much it would cost

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm, well I would rather go with Zone instead of Skyjacker. Iv'e heard many positive reviews from Zone.. Plus a 4" lift from zone runs you around $550..

You have your mind set on Skyjacker for a reason, but I think you should get adjustable track bars so you don't have to drill for the relocation bracket.

·
Registered
920 Posts
To answer your question, between the two, I would get the system. Lower links are not necessary for a 2.5" lift and the TC lowering kit may or may not be needed. Either way you could get washers to lower it if needed for a lot less. The two items together are not worth the $300 extra.
Now do not discount the BDS 2" kit at ~$ 400 beats both those easily. Your discount would have to be pretty good to pass on that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xjman1 said:
To answer your question, between the two, I would get the system. Lower links are not necessary for a 2.5" lift and the TC lowering kit may or may not be needed. Either way you could get washers to lower it if needed for a lot less. The two items together are not worth the $300 extra.
Now do not discount the BDS 2" kit at ~$ 400 beats both those easily. Your discount would have to be pretty good to pass on that.
Thanks! Ill take that into consideration when ever I get a price!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts