Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow wranglers!

I have been lurking on the forum for about a month now and this noooob question I have made me create an account.

I own a stock 2010 JK 2 door sport with 17 x 33 factory tires/wheels and I was looking at purchasing a SkyJacker 2.5 to 3.5 inch lift kit

(Skyjacker Part JK25BPH - 2.5-3.5 Inch Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks - Fits 2007 to 2014 JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited - 4 Wheel Parts)

I have read that this lift kit will give up to 4 inches on a 2 door.

My main questions is do, you consider that to be too much lift for a daily driver and infrequent off roading?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Welcome! That is not a very good brand of lift, and 33s do not need anywhere close to 4 inches.

Google "Teraflex Level Kit" - that is a great choice for a daily driver/pavement rig on 33s. Tho stock tires are only 32s?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replys!
Is there a budget 2.5 kit that you would suggest?
I am also looking to install it myself if that is wise...

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the link you posted MMC, I think I will go with that set up. It is quite a bit more so I will have to save but it will be worth it for a better quality set up.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
From the link you posted MMC, I think I will go with that set up. It is quite a bit more so I will have to save but it will be worth it for a better quality set up.
Thumbs up!!!! Very smart approach.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am going to the T/F 2.5 lift getting rid of my skycrapper 3.5 lift there is nothing good about this lift except driving in a straight line even then i would not suggest it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts