Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue... 90 YJ with 2.5" lift, the tube of these shocks are too thick and contact the axle so as not to meet-up with the bottom mounting lug.

I spoke with mfgr to confirm this model number is supposed to fit, and they say it should work with my setup. Sadly it does not.

Skyjacker says: Hydro Shock Absorber; 22.58 in. Extended; 13.71 in. Collapsed; Rear w/2.5 in. Lift; 24 x 3 x 3 inches

I have the H7056 on the front, but can't match the rear. Anyone else have this issue? Any recommendation for hydro shocks that would not have this issue?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just put 7023s on my '93 a month ago. No fitment problems.

You might have something else going on back there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Extensions...
Thanks, I had also thought of that but had wondered if it would create a new variable for something to go wrong down the road - pun intended :)

They look strong enough though.

RE: Something else going on...
Could it be possible that the SYE/CV install awhile back perhaps brought the axle slightly inward just to make this an issue. Dunno, she rides great, but still wondering what may have caused the problem.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
With a sye you generally point the pinion up and that causes the shocks to hit the tube...

You either need to spend more money on monotube shocks you can run upside down, run shock spacer brackets, or cut the shock tabs off the axle and weld some on higher up the tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts