Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 08 2 door x with 33's and im looking at getting a 5 inch skyjacker lift and detroit tru lock lockers. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Why so much lift? You going 40's? Lol
I have 35's under mine and a large amount of flex with very little trimming on the front flares that you cant even see. Barely over 2". Absolutely no need to go over 3". At all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well for the rock crawling i do here in indiana in the creeks in my area i am really limited to what i can go over and the places i can go. And i would like to go to 35's and i already know im definatly gonna have to regear, probably to 4:10 lockers. I want enough lift to leave plenty of room for suspension travel to flex over some of these huge rocks

·
Registered
305 Posts
With the 3.8l you're going to want lower than 4.10 with 35s. 4.88 or 5.13.

You can fit 35s with 2.5" of lift and 3.5" would leave plenty of room for flex.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
35s with a 3" lift here- have extra room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much guys! I think ill go with a teraflex or rock krawler 2.5 lift 35's or i might just leave my 33's on there and some bushwacker flat style flares and some detroit lockers. Looking forward to hitting the trails and the creeks and out wheel my buddies in their pick ups. One more question. If i get a long arm lift at 2.5" will i get any issues with camber and front end alignment?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Thanks so much guys! I think ill go with a teraflex or rock krawler 2.5 lift 35's or i might just leave my 33's on there and some bushwacker flat style flares and some detroit lockers. Looking forward to hitting the trails and the creeks and out wheel my buddies in their pick ups. One more question. If i get a long arm lift at 2.5" will i get any issues with camber and front end alignment?
Camber is not adjustable. Caster/pinion is set at 6*
Long arm/short arm, stock arms .. No difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts