Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my '11 JK already lifted. I thought "bonus", that's a few grand I won't have to come up with. Well, in reading through this forum, I'm learning that the skyjacker lift (2.5") isn't all it's cracked up to be. I really don't have any issues with it, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Then I got to thinking, this may of been the previous owner's weekend project, I mean why else would you buy a skyjacker lift other than it's the cheapest full suspension lift kit out there, and save even more money wrenching it on yourself. Then I start reading the death wobble threads, and buyers remorse really sets in.

Long story short (too late already, I know), other than the death wobble diagnosing thread, is there anything else I should keep an eye out for? I want to make sure this thing was at least installed properly. And secondly, is there anything I can do to improve on this lift, short of getting a better entire lift kit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Make sure all the bolts are torqued correctly. Start with the front track bar since that may be the cause of death wobble. Also you could just replace shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts