Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys got my new JKU Sport and I need to know if everyone has to slam their doors when closing them????

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Just roll the window down a little bit before closing the last door. No need to slam it then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes it's normal. I always close the door I'm using last that way my passengers don't slam it and id rather be the one slamming. Yes they are air tight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rather than slam I pull/push it shut without letting go of the door if that makes sense. Seems to shut good and snug without rattlin' everything around

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's too funny. I got in my 2015 today and started to drive when I saw the door ajar message. Kept driving because it was a rear door and I was in a rush and the chime would go off at every stop light as I let the clutch out. It got annoying fast. I need to lube the hinges and slam harder. There's only one thing I like to slam....and its not a door.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just roll the window down a little bit before closing the last door. No need to slam it then.
^^^^^This. I use this method also.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yeah you get used to it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like the slamming door feature. It makes it more manly IMHO.
Having to slam the door in a manly umm...manner...counteracts the unmanliness of having an automatic transmission (at least that's what I'm led to believe by the extensive forum posts on that topic).

If you have a manual AND have to slam the doors, well, double man credits to you.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
After 3 years of slamming because of the hard top I now have a soft top for half the year and man no slammy with that...lol...I thought I was gonna break the door window because I closed the door so hard the first time. Obviously no where near as air tight as the hard top.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Having to slam the door in a manly umm...manner...counteracts the unmanliness of having an automatic transmission (at least that's what I'm led to believe by the extensive forum posts on that topic). If you have a manual AND have to slam the doors, well, double man credits to you.
I thought the slamming of the doors was to replace the testosterone lost by having both the doors and the top in place.

For women concerned about the extra testosterone, just take your top off.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I thought the slamming of the doors was to replace the testosterone lost by having both the doors and the top in place.

For women concerned about the extra testosterone, just take your top off.
:funnypost:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rather than slam I pull/push it shut without letting go of the door if that makes sense. Seems to shut good and snug without rattlin' everything around
I also have found giving the door a firm push gets it to shut easily. Also i find that it latches easier if you push the door below the handle.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts