Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Ok... Im having problems with my clutch pedal having no resistance and my transmision will not go into gear. Its a 93 jeep wrangler 4x4 with the 5 speed standard transmision. Ive been told alot about it being the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. I know alot about taking the master cylinder off, but have no idea on how to locate or get the slave cylinder off. Now its a one owner with 105k miles, and is in excellent condition. Never been offroad. I know thats ashamed but Im looking forward to a great future with this ride. Ive had it only for three months and having this problem.. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
402 Posts
93 is a weird year. It could be an external or internal slave, as 93 was a "systems change-over year" for the yj... If it is an external you can count yourself extremely luck (as there were less) and you can see it on the drivers side of the transmissions bell housing. If you look underneath and there is just a hard line running into the bell housing yours is an internal, and unfortunately requires much more labor to replace... Ether way drivers side bell housing on the transmission...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 92 and mine is internal. First you will remove the drive shafts. Put a floor jack under the tail of the trans and drop the plate. Remove the exhaust (and disconnect O2 sensor wire), then the fly wheel access plate and the starter. Slide your trans jack under there and secure it to your trans. Now go in the cab and remove the shifter knobs and the floor plate. Back to the trans jack. Slowly lower the trans, remove the wires and slave cylinder line. Remove the bell housing bolts, put a jack under the oil pan with a piece of wood in between. Slide the trans out and your ready to go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts